How would you move forward

wiseman6716

Dated my ex for 3 years. Been apart 1. Typical on /off again. I won't bore you with all the details. Longest no contact was around 2 months. Over the summer we remained in contact phone/text been out a handful of times. A couple months ago I told her I cared but I had no interest in just being friends. There was a bit more but that was the jist. She has been seeing someone else for some time now as well. We have been out a couple times since then having a great time. I asked her somewhere over the weekend and she explained she had a family obligation in which I do believe her as she said she really wanted to go. I need advice as my bday is in a couple days and if I get a happy bday text or something along those lines should I simply reply thanks or should I take the opportunity to put things a bit more on the line? I don't want to push things but i don't want to be a doormat either. I met someone this past week as well and don't want to pursue something with how things seem to be going in the right direction with someone I really care about.

Plan your birthday celebration with friends & family who actually care. Don't worry about what she's doing.

If all she does is text you Happy Birthday or mention it on your social media, conclude she doesn't care about you at all & take pains to ease her out of your life once & for all.

Since you have been talking & spending time together see if she makes a plan for your birthday or at least gets you a card. If she makes a plan, when you blow out your candle wish for reconciliation. Then talk to her about just that. If she still can't fully commit to dating again, be done with this. If she gets you a card, have a few more meetings (dates?) then raise the issue of reconciliation

I read your break up thread about this girl. You should take the advice given back then and finally block her and go NC for good. You can't trust here and it appears she cheated on you and is with someone right now. You need a clean slate with someone new. You would never be able to trust your ex and you cannot just be friends. Finally break free from her so you can build a new relationship with someone else.

• Like 2
  • Author

I agree. Just asking advice on how you would handle and birthday wishes. Be polite with a simple thanks. Ignore it, take the opportunity to ask if shes thought about us getting back together, etc.

I agree. Just asking advice on how you would handle and birthday wishes. Be polite with a simple thanks. Ignore it, take the opportunity to ask if shes thought about us getting back together, etc.

So, she disrespects you by cheating on you, having no regard for your feelings or wellbeing yet you're tippy toeing around on how to be polite if she wishes you?

OP, get a backbone. People that cheat on you do not deserve any sort of courtesy.

And you're also pondering on asking her to get back? When you act like a doormat, women like her will absolutely keep on walking all over you. Pick up your self-respect and move on from her.

Edited by Zahara
  • Like 1

Just a simple thanks if its a text. No response if its social media.

Maybe you should explore this new person in your life. You never know, she could be the one to make you realize you deserve more!

You ignore it. Just move on. You have to end this at some point. It doesn't matter how YOU think she feels about you. SHE has shown you. Your name is "wiseman". Time to start acting like one. You're still thinking with way too much of the heart. That does make a man wise. When heart and logic are on the same page, that has the makings for a wise man. You wanting to get back with her after all this means you still have a ways to go. Start now. If I thought there was hope and that she was good for you, then I would help in the other direction.