Caught feelings for my friend and she is not interested anymore.

So I'v been friends with this girl for over 5 years and we also live together along with a few other people.

A few months ago we ended up hooking up when we got drunk and after that I started to like her and she also liked me back and we kept hooking up for a while, and as time went by I caught strong feelings for her. Things were going fine till she told me she wasn't sure if she was ready for anything and wanted to be alone as her last ex really ****ed her over and she was convinced if something happens between us I'll end up getting sick of her and it will mess up our friends, she said she was confused.

Eventually she told me we should stay friends because she doesn't want to mess up our friendship and doesn't have them kinda feelings for me and she started to hook up with other people and it really hurt me, but one night I brought a girl back and she got really pissed off and jealous then the next day she tried to pass it off as a joke and that she didn't really care.

A short time went by and everthing was cool but I still had feelings for her and for some reason believed she still liked me by the way she looks at me and acts around me compared to other people so one day I decided to try kiss her again and she said no and told me she doesn't see me as anything more then a friend, and I asked her why she let me do it before and she said she doesn't know and told me to stop or else it will ruin our friendship.

I have come to the stage where I have accepted the fact that she simply just doesn't like me anymore for whatever reason but I still have strong feelings for her and I don't know what to do, we'v been close friends for a long time and we live together so I don't want to lose her but I also don't want to get hurt again when she starts meeting other people, I just want to know what the right thing to do is.

the dating ship has sailed and you should respectfully honor the friendzone. they say "don't ***** where you sleep" and it's an important lesson to learn by experience.

be respectful, get over her, and good luck.

The right thing to do is just be polite but stop trying to change her mind. Keep dating others. Her reaction to that was just a temporary knee-jerk reaction, like maybe she was thinking (despite not wanting you anymore), Oh, yeah, he says he's so into me, but he's already dating. So it was more her rolling her eyes than actual jealousy, maybe.

She got drunk and lonely and made a mistake sleeping with a friend, and so did you. Let it go. She's not interested in you except as a friend when she's in her right state of mind.

I'd find somewhere else to live if you will find it difficult to see her with other guys. Alternatively your feelings may fade in time and casual dating can help with that.