a little hope

Over the weekend at the wedding of a daughter of a friend, I met the friend's future daughter in law. The young lady is engaged to my friend's son.

What I learned was that the girl & my friend's son dated in high school. In their senior year they broke up. The girl dumped him for being immature. In her defense he kind of was, more into sports then girls & wanting to go off to college a "free man."

After they graduated from college the pair got reacquainted at a mutual friend's housewarming party.

I found the two of them to be in love & well balanced. They both agree that the time apart allowed them to grow up & appreciate each other.

So I thought I'd share that story since I'm one of the ones around here who always says marrying your HS sweetheart is an unrealistic expectation.

I'm not saying reconciliation will happen for everybody but neither will winning the lottery. Some times you just have to dream.

N.B. These two did not sit around & wait for one another. They lead their lives & dated other people during the 5 years they were apart.

• Like 5