Meeting ex for coffee Saturday.

So the gist is my ex dumped me back in September. Was pretty ugly, we got into a post break up fight and I tried to get her back desperately. Over time, however, NC became my best friend and I haven't talked to her since November. Last night, at a friends graduation, she picked up a chair (mind you, she was nearly 30 feet away) and came over and sat right next to me and started talking.

Now, to give insight, I joined the military during my time of no contact and am ready to leave on the 23rd.

Back to the story, we got to talking a bit and she was just acting different. To my knowledge, she's over it, but this morning I told her I'd like to see her this weekend and she replied so quick and with a plan I feel like she planned it.

I'm not going to bring up the past or the relationship at all, but from your experiences, what does this mean?

I'm an oblivious and cynical male.

P.S. the reason she broke up is beyond ANYONE we know. The only explanation I got was that I deserved better and she wanted something new, her words. However, she has not had anything new to my knowledge.

Frostedflake
Now, to give insight, I joined the military during my time of no contact and am ready to leave on the 23rd.

That is a major detail. As someone who enlisted after a breakup too, do not put all your energy into this girl and this relationship. Instead, start gathering your family and friends because they are going to be what pull you through basic training and all that.

You're going to meet so many girls and see so many places. You're going to change drastically. I know you came here for advice about a girl but you're about to crack into this huge chapter. Leave the past in the past. You're gonna need the headspace!

• Author
That is a major detail. As someone who enlisted after a breakup too, do not put all your energy into this girl and this relationship. Instead, start gathering your family and friends because they are going to be what pull you through basic training and all that.

You're going to meet so many girls and see so many places. You're going to change drastically. I know you came here for advice about a girl but you're about to crack into this huge chapter. Leave the past in the past. You're gonna need the headspace!

I agree. I just wanted to meet her before I go just to see how she has changed. I'm not really thinking much of it, just wanting insight on what's up in this situation.

PegNosePete
NC became my best friend and I haven't talked to her since November.

However, she has not had anything new to my knowledge.

But you've been NC for 6 months, how do you know?

What is the point of meeting up, exactly? What do you hope to achieve here? I think you should make your intent totally clear to her, and if she doesn't share the same intent, there's really no reason to meet up. It can only do harm.

• Like 1
Superchicken

Hey JMK, so little details, of you guys ever comes out on how much you have to sacrifice to make sure the same people that criticize and put you down in the first place, have that right to do so.

So, Dude, you don't want this chick with you in the trenches.

Its bad news all round, and, its going to end badly.

Once your done training, like Frostedflake said, your going to meet a ton of girls.

Just weed out the right from the "Oh crap she Nasty" ones..

Finally, when you do the deed, wear a "Cap/rubber" !. Its safer, and no long term financial burden..

Good luck in your future career in the military.

Ted.