How to get a second chance?

I met this guy a few months ago. We got serious pretty quick, too quick. I was having doubts, then he started having doubts too. When my doubts started to fade, he kept having his doubts. He thought he wasn't feeling enough. Besides he had been through a lot lately and needed to get his life back on track. There was no space for a relationship or feelings right now, though initially he really wanted to keep on trying. I decided to let him go for now and he agreed. We were going to stay in touch, get to know each other better and see what time would bring.

This conversation was about a month ago. Since then we met up a few times on my initiative and had a good time together. When we were still together we agreed on him joining on a camping trip with me and my friends, where we would have to share a tent.

I find it hard to decide what to do. He hasn't contacted me for almost two weeks now, despite the fact that he did still want to get to know me better after we broke up. He does still want to join me on the camping trip however.

I still like him a lot, but I won't wait for him. Now I'm wondering how to act and what to do.

Simple Logic
I met this guy a few months ago. We got serious pretty quick, too quick. I was having doubts, then he started having doubts too. When my doubts started to fade, he kept having his doubts. He thought he wasn't feeling enough. Besides he had been through a lot lately and needed to get his life back on track. There was no space for a relationship or feelings right now, though initially he really wanted to keep on trying. I decided to let him go for now and he agreed. We were going to stay in touch, get to know each other better and see what time would bring.

This conversation was about a month ago. Since then we met up a few times on my initiative and had a good time together. When we were still together we agreed on him joining on a camping trip with me and my friends, where we would have to share a tent.

I find it hard to decide what to do. He hasn't contacted me for almost two weeks now, despite the fact that he did still want to get to know me better after we broke up. He does still want to join me on the camping trip however.

I still like him a lot, but I won't wait for him. Now I'm wondering how to act and what to do.

You can't make somebody feel something for you. He is not interested and the camping trip will not likely change that. Forget about him going with you ad move on.

Go on the camping trip but come up with alternative sleeping arrangements. He may think that sharing a tent is a booty call & you are offering him NSA sex, not just shelter.

See how things pan out on the trip but if this relationship isn't headed where you want by the end of that trip, give up.

• Author
You can't make somebody feel something for you. He is not interested and the camping trip will not likely change that. Forget about him going with you ad move on.

I know, that is why I am moving on. However, the camping trip got in the way :( I don't want to forbid him to come, but I don't know how to act knowing that he will join us. I certainly will not have sex with him!