What do I do? Do I confront him?

Dear all,

I just need some new insight from an objective perspective, as I am lost in my own thoughts and turmoil.

I was in an on-and-off relationship for three years. Last year we broke up again and we have been separated for one year. During this time neither of us dated anyone seriously. The past December he reached out to me and asked if we can talk and if I would consider giving him a second chance. I was abroad at this time and said when I come home in 3 weeks time, we can have a chat, yes. During this time we had a lot of contact via messenger, skype, etc. Spoke about what happened, etc. However when I finally came home, he suddenly became distant. When I asked him whether or not he still wanted to have a chat; his response was that I should rather forget everything that he has said and that he’s a messed-up person and sorry. I we did not have contact for a few weeks when he suddenly reached out to me again. Flirting, texting, etc. Recently we went out for lunch but didn’t really talk about what we should; or rather I was too scared to speak about us, in fear of what his reaction might be. I still love him and I still care for him but I am very scared and cautious to give him another chance. And I am also too scared to ask him what we are and what he wants from this/ us? What do I do? Do I let him go and try and move on with my life?

Honey I think you know the answer to this already.

I think he does too.

There is no happy ending for you with this man. Or it would have happened already.

You will love other people as much if not more than this guy who can't even be consistent in being with you.

There is no hope for what you want here. He cannot give it to you.

Want more for yourself.

The longer you allow him contact the longer you will love him and not move on.

Be strong enough to say enough. You will have to be the one to set the strong boundaries here about how it is permissible to treat you because you've allowed him to walk in and out too often and always been open to him.

Enough.

Go no contact for at least half the length of the time you knew him.

• Like 2