Texting a crush after a very long time, how to do it?

rebelstrike

rebelstrike

It's been about 4 years since I saw/talked to her. We went out on a few dates together back then but nothing materialized from it, just kind of fizzle out.

Long story short, I was watching a video on youtube and it reminded me of her(It was a Chelsea vs Tottenham game in 2012 if anyone cares, I'm a huge Chelsea fan and she is a Spurs fan, we watched the game together), I've been wanting to contact her ever since but not sure how to do it without coming off as completely random and creepy..

Do you guys think this is even a good idea? I figured I've got nothing to lose to just send a message..Would a girl be weirded out if someone they haven't talked to in years messaged them out of nowhere?

If you guys have any advice for me I would appreciate it!

A few fizzled out dates 4 years ago... I can only speak for myself but I would find it very odd...especially that you still had my number 4 years later when we never really had anything going in the first place. I mean, who knows what her life is like now? What's the point, I guess, since it never went anywhere in the first place? Are you watching her on facebook or something?

whichwayisup

I wouldn't. Not after 4 years...You two went out a few times and nothing came of it.

IF you choose to reach out to her, be prepared for anything (NO expectations). What if she ignores you? Or writes you back asking you to leave her alone?

What is it you're looking for? After 4 years, you should be over her and dating others.

• Author
rebelstrike
Nothing to lose right? Keep it light and go with the flow.

The thing is that we were friends for couple of years before we went out, so I can just play it off as catching off with an old friend

It depends on her and why it didn't work out. If she has zero interest, you'll be the "creepy stalker" who still isn't over her after all these years. But if she has fond memories of your time together and maybe has some regrets, she might like that you reached out to her.

I'm also going with "nothing to lose," but be prepared to be ignored.