Any dumpers ever changed their mind over a break up over long distance?

lostandconfused6

lostandconfused6

It's been 7 weeks but stupid me is still holding out a little hope. I just think long distance is a stupid reason to break up, it's not like its forever.

The only stupid reason for a breakup is a false assumption or misunderstanding that could easily have been cleared up. Distance is as valid a reason as any.

Sometimes, it's best to respect the judgment you exercised at the time of the breakup. If you live in Cleveland, and the other person was moving to Columbus, but you mistakenly thought he or she said "Colombia", then sure, try to resolve it. Otherwise, it's probably best to leave it alone.

People who break up over things that later seem silly tend to repeat that pattern and break up again and again without much thought.

After 7 weeks it's probably over. Also realize that distance may have just been the reason they gave you but not the real reason. There was likely something else to blame. It's not like they woke up one morning and discovered the distance thing. There could be someone else. They also could have been lonely one too many times and decided the distance was too much to deal with. The problem then isn't really distance, it's loneliness.

I've never changed my mind about dumping anyone regardless of the reason. I don't do it lightly, so when it's done, it's really done.

I know others who change their minds easily.

Until recently this was confined to observing other people. My gf had the honor of being the first woman to break up with me in 35 years of dating. She changed her mind in less than 8 hours after realizing she had overreacted.

• Like 1

Not enough information, but I do think distance is... somewhat of a legit excuse. SOMEWHAT. As in they want sex now, and don't want to take a plane ride to get some action. A lot of people can't do a LDR. They only really work if the people truly love each other.

Distance is the REASON I've refused a couple of relationships. Not an excuse. No way would I do LDR

foofightingguy

I have done LDR earlier in my 20s, 5 years and all of it were LDR.

Me and the girl were good to each other but too young and innocent, we both decided our paths were not aligned and we ended it together.

I wouldn't want to do LDR again...unless we have a concrete plan together

airborne3502

Telamachus said:

The only stupid reason for a breakup is a false assumption or misunderstanding that could easily have been cleared up.

That just happened to me.

Jj66 said:

She changed her mind in less than 8 hours after realizing she had overreacted

I wish I could have caught that break...