6th sense/Spiritual Connections/SoulMates

Purple123haze

Purple123haze

Does anyone on here believe that they are bound to their SO or exes on a different level?

Its hard to explain, but sometimes you'll feel something or think of them out of the blue & you know who it is that is connecting with you. There's no way really to explain it, you just know what that person is feeling & thinking.

Could this mean that they are your soulmate? Most people don't believe in things that are not tangible, but there are things that cannot be explained.

Could this be the reason why some people just can't let go of an old relationship, even though they have tried? Maybe this is what it means when they say some people are meant to be. "The course of true love never did run smooth" or you hear of stories where a SO is in trouble and you can just feel that something is wrong & its turned out to be right. Maybe a SO has cheated or something & your instinct is speaking to you.

This could be the reason why its easier for some people to get over some relationships more than others? If you feel that you really do have a connection to your SO even when you are apart or an ex when you are separated months or years down the line is it right to just blow off this stuff because its seen as being "airy-fairy" by society?

Does anyone else believe in this stuff? Or have any experiences?

Edited by Purple123haze
  • Like 1

I used to believe in soulmates.

Like many young women, I would ask my mom how I would know when I met somebody & liked him. She assured me I'd "just know"

Met my EX in 1989. When he shook my hand hello it was electricity. . . I was like OMG! I just met my husband. Wow! Mom was right.

I took that earth-moving moment & used it to justify years of unacceptable behavior & borderline emotional abuse. I thought how could the universe be wrong?

What a crock. 12 years later I finally had enough; realized this guy was never going to marry me because he never thought I was good enough & that he was never going to be the man I needed him to be; and left.

It was hard. I cried for years & often second guessed that decision. By now, almost 2 decades later, I know it was for the best.

• Like 1
  • Author
Purple123haze

I don't mean like chemistry when you meet someone. I'm talking about being able to connect/communicate with someone on an Empathetic or Telepathic level.

Someone times you do just click with someone when you meet and that feel like "the one", but that's not what I'm meaning here. I'm meaning 6th sense spiritual connections

somanymistakes

My first love and I felt that way about each other. We'd have weird coincidences where we'd find out later, hundreds of miles apart, that we'd both had the same reaction at the same time. We thought we were soulmates. But I dumped him anyway because I was an idiot and too wrapped up in my own issues and I thought he'd be better off without me.

Ten years apart and we never got over each other. I still love him, he still loves me.

• Like 1
I'm talking about being able to connect/communicate with someone on an Empathetic or Telepathic level. <snip> I'm meaning 6th sense spiritual connections

Even if you do believe in these, they do not take precedence over what people free-will decide and choose to do for themselves while in embodiment on Earth.

As well, many karmic relationships are actually meant, in the life in which we experience them, to help us see more clearly into our own psychological blocks and issues. Thus, there is a karmic reason for the relationship to exist for a season -- however long it takes one or both to learn the inherent lesson(s). After this, there's usually not enough to keep both people feeling happy and fulfilled for a lifetime. (The one who has grown is going to feel less happy and less fulfilled.)

So, even if you have sense of a metaphysical connection to your ex, but your ex is done with the relationship, then the latter is what, spiritually, takes precedence and is what you need to honour. (It can happen that one person learns the lesson but the other doesn't for whatever reason. The one who has done the work to learn must be free

to move on and face his/her next level of lessons; perhaps in another relationship, perhaps not.)

Keeping or trying to maintain such metaphysical or 'telepathic' or 'empathic' ties to other people's Energy fields and Consciousness fields is a violation and not spiritually okay; there are spiritual exercises, techniques and invocations to cut these ties, cords and attachments.

• Like 1

I know what you're talking about. Finally registered so I could reply to this.

My ex (We are in the process of reconciliation) and I dated for a year before I let my personal demons muck everything up. Anyway. We broke up in September and I moved out in November (She was the dumper obviously).

Towards the middle of February I started thinking about her more and more. Had a gal pal try to help me get the ex back by coming up with an elaborate plan, that plan involving flowers and the the most heart felt card I could come up with. I spent 2 days working on this card. Thinking very, very hard for the perfect words. Well, I did my best, ordered the flowers and the first step to this plan was done. So what happens a couple of hours after I placed the order? She texts me... We'd been NC for about 3 weeks at this point. "You were on my mind a lot lately, just wanted to see how you were. Hope you are well... I understand if you don't want to respond back"... Well, hell... Now she's going to think I ordered the flowers after her text.

I don't necessarily subscribe to this way of thinking. But I do side with the String Theory. Everything is tied together somehow.

Do I think she is my soulmate? Well, I know I've been married twice, and have figured out what I don't like. And then I came across her, and realized she doesn't posses any of those things. Thankfully. I was never happier making someone else happy. Until I didn't...

Here's to second chances! Gained by witches brew or the great cosmos, I'll take it. :)

todreaminblue

i am a spiritual person and i make connections to people......get vibes...feel things.....its rare i get that attraction vibe......once i do it sticks......the feeling can lessen with distance...but its still there.....i am an empath...and have sometimes predictions or dreams..de ja vu happens a lot to me ...all the time.......so psychic as well.....people are going to think i am a crock .and not beleive it......the people who love me dont think that...because they know its true...its been proven true

...deb

• Like 2
lionlover1973

I prefer not to label what my experience was (or was not), but I posted about it here:

http://www.loveshack.org/forums/mind-body-soul/spirituality-religious-beliefs/591556-have-u-ever-felt-holy-spirit#post7209216

*Forgot to include around the same time there was a day, where again - I was not doing anything in particular - but this time felt a sense of impending doom (there was a vision/picture in my mind of the person doing something in particular, that I could visually see and I recall feeling extreme sadness, so I prayed for God to watch over and protect him.

The above incident(s), is the only time I have experienced something in that nature/in that magnitude (i.e. spiritual). Quite frankly, it was too intense and overwhelming that I willed it to 'stop'.

There have been times where I have had what you could call 'prophetic' events, though probably just coincidence(s).

I'm of the mind that - anything is possible. No one knows nor can define what lays beyond our universe, concretely.

Then again, I also believe in science but science itself has limitations.

'Gödel's Incompleteness Theorem'.

There are also all sorts of studies on things like 'twin telepathy'. There was an interesting story once about an octopus possibly having telepathy: Paul the Octopus (heehee).

Nonetheless, my view is that a 'soulmate' is not necessarily a romantic partner, it could or could not be a romantic partner, it can be friends, family, a complete stranger, etc. Heck, I think my dog is my soulmate. :love:

• Like 1
Clockwatching

I'm glad to hear others having this experience too - I'm an empath and have had this many times in my life with partners and friends.

People seem to experience it in different ways, for me I can feel what they're feeling so I often know when something has happened before I'm given any knowledge. It's both a gift and a curse when it comes to relationships, it can give great connection but if it's a bad break up in that there are unresolved issues it can be hard to let go of.

It took me a long time to come across material that helps you to learn how to deal with energy, and it's been a lifeline. I think the main problem is that this stuff isn't acknowledged on any level and we're not taught how to work with our feelings (more like, how to suppress them best!) so it causes people so much confusion and heartache just like you're question: does this mean we're soul mates?

What I've learned in my experience is that it's not necessarily so - you can have deep connection with someone because it's natural and in fact you are soul mates (some soul mates are transient, permanent, romantic, platonic, it's the depth and nature of the connection that tells them apart) or it can mean as someone else said, that there is a lesson/experience in there that you need to integrate in order to grow.

If anyone's experiencing this I would highly recommend learning to work with energy cords (not just cutting them but pulling them out of your spiritual and emotional body, and destroying them) - this will give you some relief if you get overwhelmed with it.

I'd also recommend learning to sit with your feelings and talking to your emotional body - get to know and bond with it, there'll be insights there that you're unaware of - let it talk to you, don't investigate it with your mind. Once you've done this you can reframe your experiences if you need to, but often giving them space to be heard and being present with them is enough.

For some people they're so cut off from their emotions that they won't know where to start - you'll feel emotions by the location and sensation in the body, start there, be with it, reassure it, talk to it, validate it - this should help.

Honestly I could write a novel as there are so many methods that you could try to integrate this side of you, try searching on google for removing energy cords and how to integrate your emotional body and you'll likely get on a path that will help to ground you.

There may be some part of you that doesn't want to let go, and that's okay and totally understandable - do know that you can't totally rid yourself of those connections, but you can make them manageable and listen to what they're telling you.

Good luck! :)

• Like 3
i am a spiritual person and i make connections to people......get vibes...feel things.....its rare i get that attraction vibe......once i do it sticks......the feeling can lessen with distance...but its still there.....i am an empath...and have sometimes predictions or dreams..de ja vu happens a lot to me ...all the time.......so psychic as well.....people are going to think i am a crock .and not beleive it......the people who love me dont think that...because they know its true...its been proven true

...deb

fully resonate with this.

• Like 2

Found this online...

"Your soul mate is a mirror….

Sometimes when we meet someone who makes us feel more safe and less threatened, old scars start emerging from the dark recesses of our psyche into the light so that healing can take place.

A significant relationship will trigger your deepest growth issues to bring them up to the surface to be healed once and for all. Instead of seeing it an opportunity to do the inner spiritual work, we back off and start blaming our partner for our pain. Or we change our partners.

We meet a soul mate in this life to heal our old karmic patterns on a soul level.

Don’t rush from one relationship to another, from one person to another – Instead; try moving closer to the mirror. If you see blemishes on the mirror, chances are they are on your face.

Instead of changing or breaking the mirror - Work on yourself first. ॐ <3

Leila K

• Like 2

I do believe in it. If you have a strong connection with your ex, usually there is a cord of attachment that is formed over time and even after the breakup, that etheric cord of attachment still remains connecting us with that person, giving us these sudden intuitive feelings/thoughts about the person we are connected to.

It exists in everyone, but not everyone feels it based on their consciousness level of awareness and perception.

• Like 4

We are all one.... there is no separation.

We are all connected to all living things. IME I have very strong connection with my exes. I can feel their energy. But I can also feel the energy field of everyone I'm surrounded by.

Stay in the present moment. Go deeper. Focus on your breathing. Become aware without focus. You will feel a profound connection to all beings.

Hugs my friend!

• Like 3
Even if you do believe in these, they do not take precedence over what people free-will decide and choose to do for themselves while in embodiment on Earth.

As well, many karmic relationships are actually meant, in the life in which we experience them, to help us see more clearly into our own psychological blocks and issues. Thus, there is a karmic reason for the relationship to exist for a season -- however long it takes one or both to learn the inherent lesson(s). After this, there's usually not enough to keep both people feeling happy and fulfilled for a lifetime. (The one who has grown is going to feel less happy and less fulfilled.)

So, even if you have sense of a metaphysical connection to your ex, but your ex is done with the relationship, then the latter is what, spiritually, takes precedence and is what you need to honour. (It can happen that one person learns the lesson but the other doesn't for whatever reason. The one who has done the work to learn must be free

to move on and face his/her next level of lessons; perhaps in another relationship, perhaps not.)

Keeping or trying to maintain such metaphysical or 'telepathic' or 'empathic' ties to other people's Energy fields and Consciousness fields is a violation and not spiritually okay; there are spiritual exercises, techniques and invocations to cut these ties, cords and attachments.

Recently I texted an ex to see if she was ok. I felt like something was bad with her some time ago and also recently. Idk but she's one of the few people that I connected like that and I always feel if something is. When I texted her, I found out she was assaulted a month ago (which coincides with what I felt some time ago) and recently her life was in danger. I texted her but I realized it was better to not do it even if you feel it.

My question is: what are those techniques that allow you to disconnect and feel what they are feeling? How can we cut these attachments?

My question is: what are those techniques that allow you to disconnect and feel what they are feeling? How can we cut these attachments?

The tools that I work with are explained in these two Discourses; and the actual tools that I use most often for this purpose are: Invocations for Protection and Clearance,

as well as Freedom from Psychic Projections.

You can also Google 'cutting psychic cords' -- and then, as always, follow your own Inner Voice as to what will work best for you

In Love and Light.

• Like 3

l know it's all possible l've been living it for the last 15mths.

My gf ad l are about 70/30 LDR. and we have the craziest sh@t l've ever been through by 10 fold.

To start. l met her in a divorce forum l'd been in for 2yrs.

l knew l needed to get outa there and on with my new life but something held me back.

There was lots of women in there, all going through the same thing and l was sorta always surprised not one of them interested me. Not one.

But the strangest thing. l saw this user name, stared at it, felt these weird feelings,a pull, l can't explain.l'd never seen it before. But l stared at it.

Then l followed them and read their stuff, it was a girl , you couldn't tell from the user name.

Every word she wrote , sent sh@t all over me and after awhile l found something to say in a reply to something she was talking about.

But it was a very weird non sheeple topic and no one agreed, but l did. 100% and l backed her while everyone else was running her down on these ideas she was trying to talk about.

The stuff coming through a computer screen from her to me and me to her ,was like electric bolts.

We talked back and forth on her thread and the connection, the pull and the sexuality toward her was mind blowing yet had no idea even how old she was or what she looked like.

3wks after first seeing her name l emailed her.

She said well it's about effg time l;ve been staring at your name for four wks. 1 wk longer than when l first found her name.

l said so did you do this too me, she said l think we did it to each other.

She said but l've been seeing angels and hearts for 3mths now and when l found your name on the forum l knew it was you.

She said and my mum also told me you were coming too,

l'd felt stuff too , before l even saw her name,for about 3mths, l was pretty sure she was coming.

Anyway, we've been together 12mths now and the sh@t that's happened between us is hard to explain or believe , especially as we're on opposite sides of the world 70% of the time .

We use kik and skype and email and photos and you name it.

But l can wake up at 1=2 or 4 or 3mins past, in the morning, go make a coffee, come back to bed , sit up and pick up my phone and her message comes through 1 second later.

l can be driving and she sends a message watch out and some fool will cut me off.

Sometimes we've both written whole pages in the middle of the night,well for one of us, click send, and both messages are exactly the same, same topic same words, come through same second, it's down right creepy.

Sentences come through simultaneously 100s of times, weird out of the blue no way we could guess messages or words or whole pages.

One night one of us said something and then l wrote aaaaaaaaaahhh fk me and clicked send.

At that same exact second , aaaaaaaaaahhh fk me came through from her end for example.

But the oddest thing was the a's and the h's, were the exact same number like 13 and 4 or something and it was the first time ever we'd wrote that.

There's been 1000s of things.

Sometimes l come into the house from work pick up my phone sit down et ready to answer and she rings at some odd hour from the other side of the world.

Sometimes we ring each other out of the blue and we're both engaged bc we're both calling that exact second.

We're both very unusual people and thinkers, not everyone's cup of tea. But the thoughts and convos and and bizarre timing are just insane scary sometimes, literally like twins or telepathy or something.

Or last time at the airport , l always wait at the exact same spot. But 100mtrs over and around the corner is a coffee bar. This time l thought l really need a coffee she should be a few minutes coming through the gates yet l'll just go grab one. l'm just about to ask for my coffee and she says , get me one too- huh ????

There's another way to that coffee bar from through the gates and she walked straight around to the coffee bar and straight to me, first time ever, knew l'd be there.

We've had 1000's of these things , from across the world or when we're together.

She found 100s of studies and write ups and soul mate theories and twin souls, about all the weird sh@t that keeps happening, l couldn't even scratch the surface pf the 1000s of things here.Lots of much bigger and weirder things to many l can't really talk about here bt strange, really strange.

And we've spent hours and weeks talking about it and trying to figure out what it means or how things could even be happening , and why .

The funny thing is too , is that although we are literally twins in the spookiest ways even from the other side of the world she'll hear my thoughts or me hers, or speak them or do them.- we are also only an exact 50 50 mix.

The other 50% in both of us is totally different .

We seem to have this weird line where we are exactly 50% twin. It's crazy sh@t ,anyone reading will think l've lost the plot , l know.

That's why l'm only talking about the simple stuff even we can't believe some of the bigger stuff.

But yeah, even so right now we are having some troubles but non of it feels right.

The only thing that does feel right is that we stay together , can't explain it.

She just told me that too about 30mins ago.

Although whenever we've have a fight or it all looks too hard with our localities or something, all we do know is how we feel and that there's something very very weird and big going on.

We've even considered the Gods or someone up there doing something.

Edited by Chilli
  • Like 1
But yeah, even so right now we are having some troubles but non of it feels right.

The only thing that does feel right is that we stay together , can't explain it.

Well...there are all kinds of tricks that our minds can play on us; purely psychological mechanisms like denial, self-deception, wishful thinking, etc.

Also, just because a karmic or psychic tie may exist, does not necessarily mean that we are meant to immerse our self in it - sometimes, the karmic lesson has to do with making the even-difficult decision to just walk away from negative situations and relationships.

Lastly, most of us do not ever invoke spiritual protection of any kind - so we are always open to astral and psychic entities and projections; collectively, dark forces.

• Like 1

True but contrary , no rosey glasses on here, we even look for excuses to split tbh, LDR is hard, but we've also been around enough to know there's no mistaking the difference,

Troubles have stem from the LDR part, it's very hard on you both.

l guess if you didn't get along or get the strongest weirdest feelings and connections ever too then yeah , what is it, God knows.

But we've known and had all that day one too in person or not.it's nothing for us to talk till the sun comes up. We've had some sh@t to though.

My ex w is the only other person l've ever had something like this whole thing with but this is much more again, which l wouldn't think possible tbh.

But l knew my ex w was coming, we knew we'd marry in minutes.

Sadly, an extremely hard last 4 -5 yrs in life itself got on top of us in the end though, we didn't make it.

Gf, true,as much as there is, because we're apart much of the time we can't know yet.

But time will tell, no claims here, just telling some of the story so far.

Edited by Chilli

l also forgot to add in that that we do have other issues too and at times she can be pretty hard to get along with to, so it is often hard to tell what will become of it sometimes.

The only part about that l don't get though is why all these bizarre things between us then.

And the signs and vibes from be fore we even met. lf it went no where then what's it all been about, you know ?

She says maybe it came to help us through this part of life or to teach us something but nah, can't go for that one. lt's not enough.

Well...there are all kinds of tricks that our minds can play on us; purely psychological mechanisms like denial, self-deception, wishful thinking, etc.

Also, just because a karmic or psychic tie may exist, does not necessarily mean that we are meant to immerse our self in it - sometimes, the karmic lesson has to do with making the even-difficult decision to just walk away from negative situations and relationships.

Lastly, most of us do not ever invoke spiritual protection of any kind - so we are always open to astral and psychic entities and projections; collectively, dark forces.

I knew you were on this level Ronnie based on your posts around here. I am on the same level maybe not as strong as Ronnie.

I believe in soul contracts. I know my ex has a huge connection to me via something as I have never had such a hard time moving on. We obviously have a soul contract of some sort but it was meant to teach me. If I spend a lot of time thinking about him he always reaches out. It doesn't happen now because he is blocked and out of reach. But I think about him every day and I'm sure he feels my energy towards him.

I can't do anything but thank him for our time, and try and learn what I am supposed to from this.

We obviously have a soul contract of some sort but it was meant to teach me. <snip> learn what I am supposed to from this.

I am also aware of a number of Soul contracts that I have had in this lifetime - romantic, family, friends.

For me, each one included a lesson of detachment -- at some point we MUST stamp that contract 'fulfilled' and permanently close it out. I've also had a few, though, where

I had to stamp the contract 'void' due to the other party not living up to their side of the obligations/requirements of our mutually-created and -designed 'contract'.

As I said in an earlier post, the psychic-Energy projections that you put out that cause him to get in touch with you are seen, from the Spiritual realm, as an invasion and violation of his Energy field and his free will. (At least one of the links I've provided is to a Teaching on this; or it links to a link.)

For me also, an important lesson has been - and still is - to stop doing this...that is, if we want to balance and transmute ALL of our negative Karma.

• Like 1

Interesting. So stop trying to think of him?

I had a dream about him a few weeks ago. Walked into a place where he was with all his friends. Stared at him, and I could hear his thoughts. It was intense.

The next day he texted me. It was very interesting.

• Like 1
So stop trying to think of him?

Well...as I said. It depends on your own spiritual goals and whether or not you are ready/willing, at this point in time, to stop generating this type of negative Karma for yourself.

Insofar as 6th-sense connections and dreaming of people, I don't have the full picture of where 'dreams' take place or at what level of consciousness. There is a description of etheric retreats at the bottom of this page - which I think has something to do with it.

Sometimes, upon waking, I do get the sense that some part of my consciousness has been to 'night school' in one of these Retreats :) -- when it's been with someone else whom I know in real life, I assume it's to resolve whatever differences or Karma between us.

• Like 1
She says maybe it came to help us through this part of life or to teach us something but nah, can't go for that one. lt's not enough.

Actually, not only is it enough, it's also all that there is! The whole reason and purpose for taking embodiment on Earth is to learn the lesson(s) that Life is trying to teach us.

Most often it's easiest done through relationships - of all types, not just romantic. But. That's why we can have this strong sense of 'soul mate spiritual connections' and

even déjà vu...for many couples this is not their first go-round together on this merry-go-round. To the best of my knowledge and current understanding, it's ALWAYS about overcoming and transcending whatever is keep us stuck on the merry-go-round (wheel of recurring life-and-death; Sea of Samsara; whatever you want to call it).

• Like 1

Yes I want to get rid of the negative karma. I guess I always wanted to be there for him too in a way he might not know. I'm done with him though so I will try and focus my thoughts elsewhere even more.

Lots to think about thanks Ronnie :)