Messed up with breadcrumbs, NC but is there hope for the future?

bigfoot2419

Dated a girl for several months before I moved across the country. Theres a good possibility she moves to where i live now a year from this upcoming september so we tried Long Distance for a few months.

Separate lives and constant fighting made it very unhealthy. We were very passionate about each other and almost never fought before i left. We both knew we were holding each other back but I do think she cared as much as I did. We did both cheat on each other and felt terrible about it. There was a lot of lying on her side because she claims she does love me but didn't want to lose or hurt me. I went home for Christmas break and she broke up with me. She told me she isn't ready.

I was very upset but eventually got over it until she called me "just wanting to see how I was" the other day. Instead of ignoring it we ended up talking on the phone for 2 hours and she told me "i'm over our past relationship" "she thinks about me everyday", "I still love you as a person", "Theres still a huge part of me that thinks this can work one day" I caved and told her I felt the same but then kind of got angry because this confused me and said some nasty things to her. Which obviously just pushed her away. We ended a phone call earlier today with her saying she's totally over this, its not healthy, but did mention something about talking if its possible to have a healthy relationship or friendship which i agreed with.

Later called me stoned joking around about wanting an old sweatshirt back which i promised to give her. I texted her after that call and told her I can't just be friends/casual and that she should hit me up when she wants something more. Did i overreact when she was just trying to put things on decent terms for the future or is it better to have just stayed NC? I think my issue is it bothers me she's possibly with other guys but doesn't mind that i am most likely with other girls.

But is this really an issue? But now we're somewhat back to where we started when she broke up with me. Just negative thoughts on both sides. Did this totally ruin things? Or was she just trying to get into my head to begin with.

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator

You didn't "ruin" things because there were no "things" to ruin.

She's made it quite clear that she is not interested in a relationship with you.

You need to move on form this one.

This is just a toxic, unhealthy relationship i don't see the reason to look for hope!

Go NC and meet other people ( try not to cheat again).

• Author
This is just a toxic, unhealthy relationship i don't see the reason to look for hope!

Go NC and meet other people ( try not to cheat again).

You could very well be right and I am going to go NC and meet other people. My rational atm is I dont want to burn the bridge because it could one day lead to something. But i guess it would have to be from a place of us both moving on so either way NC and living is the best idea

You could very well be right and I am going to go NC and meet other people. My rational atm is I dont want to burn the bridge because it could one day lead to something. But i guess it would have to be from a place of us both moving on so either way NC and living is the best idea

Burn the bridge.... unless she is willing to get to the other side its not worth it.