No Contact

WinterNick

Hello,

I met my girlfriend (now ex) my freshman year in college, we ended up dating for 2.5 years and everything was great. We would visit each other about every other weekend in between semesters and we would see each other everyday while at school. She was always all over me and I probably didn't show her the affection she desired even though I loved her (that's just how I am). About a year into the relationship, she asked if she thought we were going to get married, I told her that we would probably go out separate ways when we graduate but keep in contact if we were still together at the time. She was sad at first but then seemed to be okay with the idea. The more time I spent with her, the more I feel in love , and gradually I felt like I didn't want to end things with her. During the relationship, I wasn't clingy at all, I let her do her own thing if she wanted be she always would hang out with me instead. We were never mad at each or anything other other than maybe 2-3 times throughout the entire relationship. In the weeks leading up to winter break after spending 2.5 years with her, everything was great, we were going out on dates almost every other day and having amazing sex, it felt to me like our relationship was better than it ever was before.

Then winter break came. She went on trips with her family the whole time so we never met up. She would text me every day and say she missed me and loved me. On New Year's Eve I got a message "We need to talk", so I tried to call her but she didn't pick up. She told me that she talked to her mom about it and didn't have to talk to me anymore. It was never the same .

She stopped texting me first. And when we did text, I could tell she didn't want to. When I said that I loved her or missed her, she didn't reply.

When we got back to school, she came to my place with a bag full of my things and said it was over. She said that she wanted to experience the college life single. She wanted to be friends but I said no. I accepted the breakup calmly and opened the door for her to leave, she jumped into my arms and told me that she loves me and she didn't want to let go. She kissed me on the lips and left. I feel like she felt she needed to end things with me because she thought I was going to break up with her in the future anyways even though I didn't feel that way anymore.

It's been 25 days now of no contact. I haven't heard from her at all. Mutual friends say that she's sad a lot even though she pretends to be happy on social media. She still has a lot of things I made for her and kept all of the pictures of us up on her social media.

I have been taking the no contact period to improve myself. I've really learned a lot and have been hitting the gym everyday. I've lost a bunch of weight and now I'm back to being lean. I feel good but I miss her terribly. I really loved her inside and out and I've realized my mistakes now. I know if I got a second chance it would be much better but im afraid she will never contact me again to give me that chance. I need some advice.

Thanks .

Edited by WinterNick
she asked if she thought we were going to get married, I told her that we would probably go out separate ways when we graduate but keep in contact if we were still together at the time

There you go! you told a woman " well we probably are going to break up in the future but don't worry we'll keep contact" meaning you said i don't think this relationship is going to work. She checked out of your relationship right there.

All you can do right now is to move on and keep improving yourself maybe in the future you'll get another chance but don't wait for her.

• Like 2

"she asked if she thought we were going to get married, I told her that we would probably go out separate ways when we graduate but keep in contact if we were still together at the time."

Wow, I know you said it a while back, but I doubt she ever forgot that line. After that, she always had doubts and probably started phasing out of the relationship and preparing for this a while ago. She wasn't going to wait for you to end it.

• Like 2
About a year into the relationship, she asked if she thought we were going to get married, I told her that we would probably go out separate ways when we graduate but keep in contact if we were still together at the time.

What on earth prompted you to say that?????

I bet her mother loved that one when she found out...

• Like 1
  • Author

Yeah I understand and realized that was my mistake, but things changed and I shortly after didn't feel that way about our relationship anymore. I know I shouldn't have said it and I really regret it, it was just something stupid I said in the moment. It was how I felt in that very moment and not how I felt overall. I really loved her.

I guess my question would be : How do I fix this? I know I made mistakes but I want to work things out.

It takes both sides to want to do that and it sounds like she's made up her mind. You can just ask to try and work things out (not beg and plead) and of she said no, then you walk away with her knowing how you at least feel. If she changes her mind down the road then deal with that then, but don't keep hanging in there once you've been rejected. It only pushes them further away.

I guess my question would be : How do I fix this? I know I made mistakes but I want to work things out.

The worse thing you can do is chase. You can't fix this. Go your own way.

In the future remember things said cannot be unsaid.