Am i in denial

steelanator

This is my first time doing this.

After 5 years together my fiancé has broken up with me. Last Oct I had a miscarriage & I couldn't pick myself up from it. I fell into depression & pushed him away & basically I was a nightmare to live with & I don't blame him leaving. He left on the 16th Dec & we didn't spend anytime over Christmas & New Year. Only an hour here & there. He was confused but I felt he wanted to make us work but he needed time. I suggested counselling & he thought about it. Ive been signed off work for weeks & now on strong medication. I felt like he was making me worse & ill so I asked for him to get all his stuff from our house as hes back at his parents. I needed to heel & he was hurting me more. He agreed & could see that it was bad for me.I am now on 2 weeks of no contact he says he still loves me but we have done this twice before & he promised himself he wouldn't do this again. But if he loves me than he cant walk away forever can he? I'm broken & struggling everyday the pain isn't going away. I cant see a life without him. Do I give up on him?

Hugs. I am so sorry for the loss of your beloved child.

I haven't ever experienced what you are going through & I don't have kids. I suspect that because you were the one carrying the child the baby was more real to you. Dad's can see the physical changes in a woman's body but most men I know confessed that the baby wasn't "real" until the nurse placed their newborn in their arms.

Part of him didn't understand.

The death of a child has ripped more than one relationship apart. People deal with grief differently. Get yourself whatever support you need. Leave the door open for him but don't chase.

Take care.

• Like 1
This is my first time doing this.

After 5 years together my fiancé has broken up with me. Last Oct I had a miscarriage & I couldn't pick myself up from it. I fell into depression & pushed him away & basically I was a nightmare to live with & I don't blame him leaving. He left on the 16th Dec & we didn't spend anytime over Christmas & New Year. Only an hour here & there. He was confused but I felt he wanted to make us work but he needed time. I suggested counselling & he thought about it. Ive been signed off work for weeks & now on strong medication. I felt like he was making me worse & ill so I asked for him to get all his stuff from our house as hes back at his parents. I needed to heel & he was hurting me more. He agreed & could see that it was bad for me.I am now on 2 weeks of no contact he says he still loves me but we have done this twice before & he promised himself he wouldn't do this again. But if he loves me than he cant walk away forever can he? I'm broken & struggling everyday the pain isn't going away. I cant see a life without him. Do I give up on him?

Hello. I am sorry for your loss. It sounds like may you have gotten stuck at a point in the grieving process. This is understandably so as it was only a few months ago you suffered this loss. Have you tried any sort of therapy to help you heal? Why do you feel your fiance was hindering your progress?

I do think oftentimes we may love someone, but see that the relationship isn't, or can't work. We do not know if that is the case with your fiance but perhaps some time apart will help you both decide what is best for the relationship.