Do rebounds get another chance?

Hello LS,

I have been reading quite a few posts on this forum where reboundees hope to get back with the dumpers in the future. Myself being a dumpee, my ex gf rebounded on me and then got back with her ex. I went NC and have considerably improved myself emotionally, physically and financially.

But I have been considering and reading a lot on rebounds. Is it possible that she might want to get back with me in the future. Personally I would not take her back as I know deserve better but I see that lots of people on this forum hope to get back with their ex (rebounders).

Past experiences and opinions would be most welcomed!

It depends. From experience no I don't believe in rebounds.

Someone cheats on you they should be done. That's not a mistake.

Someone dumps you for an ex? Done. That means the whole time they were with you they had thier ex on their mind. And if they try to comeback to you it's only because the ex messed up-not because they miss or love you.

Sorry buddy. When your a rebound you have a small window to stay with the girl your with... if it's not past 1 year or so... your done

In my experience, rebounders don't usually come back.

The reason is that their feelings usually weren't strong enough to begin with and they didn't enter the relationship for the right reasons. Thus, their attachment to their rebounds is generally low.

Those who do return don't usually stay long, simply because they are often trying to fill a void rather than engage in a meaningful relationship.

• Like 2

Think of it this way. You were the backboard in the last shot of the game. She was the ball. Sometimes, the ball goes in, sometimes it does not. Either way, you aren't the basket. You're the backboard.

The role of the rebound person is to unknowingly help the person heal a little. They do so at your expense, then they move on, and usually, the rebound person gets hurt because s/he got involved with someone who wasn't truly interested in the same thing.

If your ex went back to her ex, you're more than likely done.

• Like 1

You should never get back with someone who has dumped you. ESPECIALLY if it was because of someone else. And more so if that someone else was an ex.

Also, keep in mind: You don't need a second "chance". You did nothing wrong. She preferred someone else over you. Whether that decision was good or bad, it's of no significance. What matters for you is she decided on someone else over you. Even if she "changes her mind", you will always remain option 2 for her until the next option 1 shows up.

Forget. Move on.

Edited by Rjonny

As other members have commented, I highly doubt she would ever come back. And you said yourself you don't want her back, so honor your own words. Move on, you deserve someone who wants to get involved with you, not someone who's still strung on someone else.