got back together And some plans changed

lindsay07

About a month ago bf broke up with me, just this last Saturday we reconciled.

His birthday is on Halloween, prior to breaking up (August) we had already planned a few events we were gonna do together ...

One being Renaissance Festival,

We get back together turns out he's going with his sister (who hates me/ she just likes trouble and drama/gets offended easily) and her boyfriend,

I got a little upset and told him that I was butt hurt because we had planned that together. His response was that he didn't want me to feel awkward and to quit being jealous.

Do I have a valid reason to be upset or should I just let it go?

We had been talking about going together for months, then we break up, and our plans changed. I don't think I would be awkward around the sister but she dislikes me because I once tried to give her makeup tips lol

I just feel like I shouldn't be uninvited bc of his sister... if he wants me in his life then his sister needs to get used to me being around.

Besides all that, I feel like I need reassurance more than ever and although he's been very sweet I feel like I'm hurting, I keep thinking that if he really loved me he wouldn't have left in the first place.

Any suggestions on how to cope with this and move forward? I want a clean slate and treat this like a brand new relationship yet I am having some trouble.

He probably invited her after you both broke up and doesn't want to/can't rescind the invitation. I would leave it alone.

And you can't throw that "if he loved me he would not have left" as ammunition for this issue -- you chose to take him back so that argument is passive and immature.

This should not be the reason why you're having trouble with a clean slate. Clean slate happened when you took him back.

• Like 2
  • Author

I wouldn't necessarily call it immature, I think it's fairly common to feel like that yet I was asking on "how to cope" and it's definitely something new for me, but thank you! :D

I wouldn't necessarily call it immature, I think it's fairly common to feel like that yet I was asking on "how to cope" and it's definitely something new for me, but thank you! :D

It's immature as you're using it as an excuse to passively get him to condone to your wants. You want him to cancel with his sister and take you and that will reassure you that he loves you?

It's okay to feel like that just don't use that as an excuse to try and get your way. Two separate issues.

• Like 2
I was asking on "how to cope" and it's definitely something new for me, but thank you! :D

I mentioned to let it go. Make your own plans and go do something fun with your friends. You'll have more Halloween dates to come with him as you move along with your relationship.

• Like 1