Happy Birthday to me ex?

carolinem77

My ex and I have been saying Happy Birthday to each other for years since the breakup. I never really got over him and not sure if he did either. Recently I have been able to move on since he has been playing back and forth games for years. However we still say Happy Birthday eve year. This year he sent it to me very early in the morning but I was traveling and forgot about it. He then text my friend a few hours later and asked if my number had changed or I was ignoring him. What was his reason for doing that since he seems to be happy in a new relationship? Should I say Happy Birthday this year back to him, or put an end to it. He is also a family friend I see often but it's always more than friendly with us so I am not sure if I should not say it and send him a message I am done with him.

It's really not that complicated. He's in a new relationship, you're supposedly over him, just block him. What are the two of you gaining by saying happy birthday to each other? Nothing.

• Author

Yeah your right. I guess we still say it because we see each other often and still consider each other friends...but yeah we arent gaining anything positive from saying it.