Is she just playing with my emotions?

DeeplyMissHer

DeeplyMissHer

Ex-Girlfriend and I broke up in 2011 after a 9-year relationship. We share a daughter together. After her engagement ended and my relationship ending, she had mentioned us giving it another shot. It’s been almost four months and we are still not together but it has been on my mind more and more.

For the past five years, except for a few months earlier this year we had a great co-parenting arrangement. Earlier this year our court order changed and we have 50-50 physical and joint custody. It’s a good setup and I get to see my daughter often.

Truth was I thought I was over her but I’m not. We talk on the phone often. I try to keep it neutral but it’s hard not to reminisce about the past. We’ve been toying around the idea of getting back together but I keep saying no.

My daughter’s mother admitted that her engagement ended because she wanted to postponed the wedding because she wasn’t over me. And through a few deep conversations we have had she said she never really gotten over me, but was afraid to get back to gether with me because of the reasons we had broken up.

I had long since stopped going out and partying, have a good job and spend every spare moment I can with my daughter. I have grown up and she says she is convinced of that.

While it makes me feel so good inside to hear that, I still have this doubt. That she’ll just leave me again. Or that I’m just this back up plan so she can see our daughter everyday. If we give it another shot, I want it to be for the right reasons.

Any advice?