A second chance story to share

Hi all,

This is a true story which is happening to my friend(a girl). I am sharing this story not to raise any one's hope. But to let people know second chances do happen.

6 years ago, my friend lets call her Andrea broke up with her boyfriend Ben. Both in their 30s now. Andrea broke up with Ben because of commitment phobia, was naive and wasnt thinking straight that time.

During the break up, Ben said "do not regret your decision, next time when you want me back, i may not want you back."

Andrea was firm on the break up.

She proceeded to have 2 or 3 more relationships during the next 3 yrs.

One fine day 3 years ago, Ben contacted Andrea. He said Andrea is the girl he love most. And so they started seeing each other.

This Dec they wil be getting married.

I asked Andrea why would she give it another chance? She said she felt the most comfortable with him. He has seen the best and worst side of her. It also mean Andrea trusted him enough to open up her everything to him.

I hope this story will bring some joy to you people.

I will also write a topic in the coping section. My ex gf's friends keep appearing.

Have a good day!

Most likely, Andrea is back with your friend because she could't find better.

It's funny, I agree of course that to be second best is bad for the ego. But there is no proof that it doesn't last. Maybe marrying him after she couldn't find better will make the marriage much more stable.

• Like 1
  • Author

What is the definition of "better"?

Ben is a taxi driver, used to take drugs, went to jail.

I believe in true love.

There are always people better than us in terms of money, fame, power looks etc.

But not every couple can get along with each other.

Chemistry, the way we bond are all important factors in a relationship. Thats my own opinion.

"Better" means that your friend wasn't good enough at a time. Few years later, your friend is good enough to settle down because she couldn't find what she was hoping/looking for.