Why did my ex text me this after 1 month no contact

Was with my ex for 9 years. She left me for someone else in year 5. Took her back after 3 months. After her new guy dumped her. Now year 9 she does it again leave me for someone else. It has been 3 months since break up. I think she is still with new guy . She texted me this after 2 months I'm sorry I couldn't make you happy. I'm for all of the pain I've caused you. I'm sorry we didn't have the life we both dreamed of. I'm sorry for everything. texted her back why are you texting me sorry no reply? Why did she send me this .

Breadcrumbs...and you sat at the table and waited to eat them. Block her. She has left you twice. Why let her pull a trifecta on you? Seriously.

• Like 5
I know your right what's wrong with me. Why do I still care

Because you are a human being, you love(d) someone, they are gone, you're hurting... you're normal and it's OK... breakups are hard for everyone involved (yessss... there will be those who say "Couldn't have been more thrilled to leave my ex! Couldn't wait to get away!" etc) but as someone who has left and been left, the end of any deep love leaves both parties hurting, regretful, ambivalent... no one here knows what your ex is thinking or means by her messages, but don't beat yourself up for still caring.

• Like 2

This was for her. She's played you twice and will do it again if you give her the chance.

If you were smart you'd block her on everything and move on.

• Like 1
SoThatHappened
Can I ask you why she keeps leaving me for someone else then comes back. What goes through someone's mind to do that

It doesn't matter.

You're now free.

I got a text like that 3 months after a breakup where she cheated on me for the second time.

Guess what I did? Nothing. I didn't respond. She has no idea (2 years on now) if I got it, if I cared, if I changed my number, etc.

She's just a memory now and a lesson learned. That's it. She has no impact on my life or thoughts anymore.

I advise you do what I did -> Ignore, block, delete, ghost

• Like 3

Why is the question I have asked myself many a time over the break up period.

It is gut wrenching to think that someone who you once loved and they loved you could act so selfishly. I think that was the hardest thing for me to get my head around.

They think about themselves only. A little text might do them the world of good but they have no inclination to think what thoughts and feelings the most insignificant of texts/contact would mean to you or the spiral of thoughts it sends you in to.

If you're not going to go no contact (which I recommend you should) then any contact that leaves you asking 'what does this/could this mean?' should be ignored. Completely.

As others have said, don't beat yourself up because you still care but also don't step into the ring to welcome the punches by replying to anything shady.

Take care. Happier times are ahead xxx

• Like 2

Honestly, because they are not in love anymore. When you stop being in love your behavior changes. You become distant and needing to be free. I remember going thru that with my ex. I didn't want anything from him. I was done.

It hurts the person on the receiving end, but it takes two to be in an harmonious Union.

• Like 2

Here's a possible scenario. She's been dumped again or feels she will be soon. She needs to boost her own ego so she texts you all that crap which, she doesn't really feel, just as a bait to see if you would take her back. Please don't fall for it. Stick to the NC. The faster you implement this the faster you will move on.

Remember cheaters are expert liars.

• Like 1

She knows she's bad, and she doesn't like the feeling of being the bad guy. So she wrote you a text, to reduce her guilt and also it help her to think "Well, I'm not so bad... look, I said I'm sorry... I'm OK".

She doesn't really need you in the equation. In a way, she will not hesitate to step on you under the headline of (as if she's) caring for you, to make her feel better with herself. Very selfish of her.

• Like 1

IME for the guys doing, they are trying to test to see if the door was still open. If they were emotionally available enough to actually be with you they would be able to make a decision to be with or without you.