Facebook friend request

My guy of five months would not go exclusive. I wasn't asking for a super serious commitment (too soon) but I did want him to stop dating others while we were physical. Is that too much to ask?!

I stopped all communication once he repeatedly used the excuse of not being ready. He has tried to reach out to me (maybe twice a month)...simple texts to see how I am or to get together. In June he left a message for me after not hearing from me for two weeks in which he said he knew we were not a fit for dating but he did enjoy my company and wanted to remain friends. He said he thought we fought too much but he missed me and the good time when we were getting along. I did not respond to the texts or vm. Basically we have had no mutual communication in three months.

A few nights ago I receive a friends request and message about him giving away things in a yard sale that he thought I might have interest in. He sent pictures and told me to call him if I was interested. I didn't respond and he deleted his friend request after three days. The next day I get another new friend request from him. Its like what the heck? I took notice that two of the girls that he had dated are now removed from his profile. Neither of them were serious. The one he had a crush on (a work friend) and the other one was never a relationship. He WAS talking to these girls while he was talking to me.

Is he trying to get a foot back in the door romantically and how do you know?....or is it just for friends...

• Like 1

Sure he wants to be your friend...with benefits. Emphasis on the benefits since he's been crystal clear all along that you aren't relationship material. In fact, in his eyes you aren't even good enough to be sexually exclusive, so really it's more a friend/booty call kind of thing when he's not otherwise occupied with other women. If you're now game for this, then accept his friend request. Otherwise, delete the request. In fact, mark it as spam and Facebook will disable his ability to send you friend requests in the future.

My guy of five months would not go exclusive...

Out of curiosity, how is he your guy when he refused to be in a relationship with you and refused to stop sleeping around while having sex with you? It sounds like you were never on the same page.

• Like 1

You're just someone he wants to add to his options.

He has no genuine relationship potential.

Don't waste your time on him

Take care.

Guessing someone's intention is so mind consuming.

Why not just tell him you only want to stay in touch if he wants an exclusive relationship? Tell him if he is not looking for exclusive relationship, you don't want any contact anymore. Probably also tell him if he wants a exclusive relationship, just text or call.

• Like 1

No, he has no romantic interest in you. I think it's more about keeping you as an option.

You asked the question regarding him being exclusive: "is it too much to ask?" It's not too much to ask of a person who wants an exclusive relationship. But it's too much to ask of someone who doesn't want to be exclusive.