Reconnecting?

I shall start with a little back ground on my relationship I had with my ex...we was together for 7 years and he decided to ends things for feelings he didn't understand but meant that it just wasn't working out. Was hard for us both and we both mainly did no contact, then once I was ready to exchange our stuff it took me about 5months when I was, in this time he move on very quickly and found a new girlfriend, I thought it was rather quick but hey it happens, of course it hurt to find out but I been trying to move on and I'm doing really well and I've been dating, so when we met to exchange our stuff I was a mix bag of nerves and confident as well.... wasn't sure how I would be and not sure how he would be with me, the annoying thing was it felt normal when seeing him and it was nice but I felt he was nervous himself a little not sure why once that was done i did text him saying thanks for my stuff and was nice to see him. I wasn't expecting anything back but he did reply saying your welcome thanks too and was nice to catch up and that was that couple days later he text me asking a question about something that I picked up at his, I dunno why as there was no real reason to message me about it so wondered why he was talking to me.

From then on we haven't spoken and it's been 3months...then I was asked to help do this event display for a friend who is also my ex'so friend and the event is at my ex'so tennis club, I felt like it wasn't my place to do it as it's his place he's friends and what not but the club was asking for me to do it as I've done it perivously and they loved what I done, so I made sure that he was OK with me doing this by asking my friend if so and he was but this meant seeing him and I wasn't sure I wanted to or not.

so I did go and do it and (also made sure I looked my best) they were very happy with what I done, he turned up while I was doing it but alot was going on so was hard to even stop and chat but we both said hello kiss on cheek and asked how we were doing, I carried on with what I was doing and once done I was gonna leave but was asked by friends to stay for a drink and a thank you for doing the display so I did, was nice to catch with them as I don't get to see them anymore, I felt like maybe I should of left as being in his club but they did make me feel welcome, he was around where I was and tried to join in convo a bit but not directly at me until something came up about something we both spoke about it was strange but nice. When i was around one of the girls said it's nice to finally see him, so I asked what do you mean by that doesn't he go out with you lot, she said well when we was with his gf he never really came out and I said with? She said they broke up just recently, I was so surprised at this news and I felt quite happy in myself to think know ha did you make a mistake so quickly, I didn't ask much about it as wasn't my place to.

Then I left after drink and catch up and I'm glad I went and done it, but seeing him brought back memories and feelings so it was hard, as much as I've moved on I still miss him and have feelings for him. I uhmm and arhh about wether to text him or not just to say thanks for letting me do that as his club....so I did with also saying nice to see him sorry we didn't get to chat much and hope he won he's match. Once I sent it is thought why have I done this and what am I getting out from it...but too late now....he's normally quite poilte in replying but I've heard nothing not I feel stupid for sending it,I'm not sure if I should just leave it and never get a reply or just message hime and apologies for texting him and maybe I shouldn't have because why does he want to hear from me. I thought he might reply back as my friend said that he was missing our friendship....which when I found out I though he lost that when he broke up with me, so he wouldn't want it back....so hearing that made me think maybe he wanted to try and be friends we have known each other for so long but I've heard nothing and not sure what to do and if I have a chance to reconnect with him or shall I just leave it be.....

Any help is really appreciated on my silly little issue of mine thanks.

He broke up with you.

He is currently in a relationship.

You text him a "friendly" text and he did not reply you.

There is no need to text him again to apologise for 'sending him a text'.

If you text him again and he doesnt reply, you will feel awful again.

If he replied with some stupid no substance text, you will feel awful again.

I would say leave it. The ball is in his court.

Go do your thing and let him be.