What would it take for you to give a 2nd chance?

Would you get back together with an ex?

What would the person have to do or say to convince you to give the relationship another try? Dumper or dumpee?

• Like 1

I would expect a full apology and complete responsibility for what he did. Open and clear lines of communication. He would have to rebuild my trust from the ground up. It was mutual but he was the one who cheated. He would have to quit his job that he "has to flirt with women" for. Cut contact with his new gf that he cheated on me with. Not be so secretive about his social media and allow me access to it if needed. Honestly, I have 0% trust in him, so a relationship with him would be more trouble than it's worth.

• Like 1

It depends on the circumstances. For any woman in my past I would not give a second chance. It ended for a reason and I like to move forward in life, not back.

Save my current ex. I have been actively trying to get back with her because our problems were fixable. It's just our lack of communication that caused us to split. We were a great couple and cared for each other deeply but the lack of communication caused us to fill in the blanks of what the other was thinking.

For us to get back together, we both have to commit to fixing our communication issue. That's all it will take for me (and her willingness to come back of course).

Any of the girls I dated in the past (or future), once it's over, it's over.

• Like 4

I have never went back to any of my exes before. After break up, they always come back but i never took them back.

The last ex, i still love her. She is the exception. If this moment she comes back, i would expect her to be single and apologise. Be willing to fully commit to me and us.

• Like 2

It depends. If someone was in an abusive relationship, they should NOT give the person a second chance at all.

In general, I think the bedrock for a second chance is:

1) LOVE

2) Accepting and owning up to past mistakes and talking about how things could have been better.

3) Discussing how things could be different.

4) NOT moving fast. Taking it at a moderate pace. Talking things out. Rekindling the love and also demonstrating loyality and respect for each other.

Possibly seeing a therapist, if that helps.

• Like 3

As with most human relations issues..it depends.

I wouldn't take back any of my ex's, there is nothing they can say to drain that emptiness they incur to me.

But the last ONE.. only if she showed me she is serious about wanting me back. Just showing that with actions -even too daring ones- would be enough for me (dumpee alert) to give a second chance.

I don't even need to hear "sorry", it's just a word..