Over a month of no contact from my ex, haven't heard a peep?

Hi everyone, I know the relationship I had with him was dysfunctional and there were many things wrong with it, but this is the longest I have ever gone without speaking to him in 6 years. I am shocked he hasn't contacted me in over a month.

He ended things by saying this isn't working out anymore, without any explanation. I was shocked he said this to me and blew up at him and said I don't want to be with you anyway, said insulting things to him, in the spur of the moment. I know I meant a lot to him and I miss him now more than ever, it is incredibly painful and depressing. I just want to see him so badly, I haven't contacted him but feel this strong urge to?

I have been going to see a counselor and he looked at me like I was crazy to want to hear from him or be in touch with him, and I get why he would think that, but I still love him a lot. I felt guilty and stupid, but said part of me really does want to.

There is part of me that doesn't want to since he initiated the break up.

I don't have facebook but through my sisters I could see the photo of me and him together was his profile picture up until today, it gave me a reassurance that he still loved me, now he has no picture at all. It is freaking me out, I don't want him to forget about me.

Could you give me some advice as to whether I should just keep going with no contact, as painful and brutal as it is? or reach out to him? I feel like I am craving to hear from him, and feel like an empty body walking around.

Thanks.

I would find a new therapist. Any professional who can't understand you would want to speak to him isn't worth his diploma. Let alone one who is visibly showing you his surprise.

As far as the ex, NC does not mean they will reach out. If they do it can be months later (one month is not that long) and they won't neccessarily say what you want to hear.

If you reach out, you will just reset any healing you've managed to accomplish. It's hard, but in the long run you'll be better for it and you will heal quicker.