Ex behaving strangely

Fernando2826

Fernando2826

My last serious ex and I broke up 2 years ago. We were only together for 6 months but it was incredibly intense. She would discuss our kids, lives together etc. and seemed to believe it since she confirmed to others who she was unaware would discuss this with me.

Heading off to college, we broke up. Since then, we have had sporadic contact and have slept together once. She has, however, said that nothing she has had since has compared etc.

At the start of Summer she contacted me to say she was home and suggested we meet ASAP. We went for an evening walk/drink and had a fantastic time, with her clearly not keen to go home. The next day she was heavily hinting at a second meetup so I suggested a beach trip for the evening. Again we got on really well and ended up sleeping together. Afterwards she said how excited she had been to see me again, how she still hadn't felt the way she felt about me for anyone else, how we get on better than she does with anyone else and cursed the distance etc. for separating us.

The following day she messaged to say that she wanted to spend more time with me over the Summer, how her bed felt empty without me in it, how she was getting extreme nostalgia.

2 days later, I suggested we meet up for a chilled evening, but she was unable to do so for genuine reasons. She then went away for 3 days and I let it all cool off a bit - neither of us in contact with one another.

After she got back from her trip, she messaged and asked to meet again. During this meeting she was making contact physically, holding my hand and kissing me etc. A few days later she messaged, drunkenly, flirted with me and suggested she was playing hard to get to win me.

The next day, I suggested we meet again, but she was busy, again legitimately with work and a family b'day. Ordinarily I would have avoided doing so, so as not to come across as overly keen, but the next day, since I was going on holiday for a week, I sent a message saying that I was going away and if she fancied meeting up prior she could let me know. She said her weekend was too busy (she works weekends till late in a pub).

Since then I have barely heard anything. I messaged her first after my week away, since she normally intiates contact, and we chatted away but she was fairly unenthusiastic. Two days after this, she again messaged me asking how I was, so I took the opportunity to suggest we meet again, since it has been about 2 weeks. She basically palmed me with with 'I'm potentially busy but shall let you know' - this was last night and I haven't heard since.

Have I come across as too keen or something? Too available? I feel as though I did all I could - when we first started dating 2 years ago she complained that I was too enthusiastic, too absent and played hard to get, so I tried to be more available this time, without going overboard. I just don't understand how she could be SO keen on the occasions we met and now nothing?

She could have been lonely or came to the realization that the end of the RL was for a reason.

Unless she said she wants to get back together it sounds like she doesn't.

Sounds like she's the problem. You seemed to have played it well.

I suspect she's a bit immature. Only wants something she doesn't have but only for awhile but who knows.

I'd move on

My last serious ex and I broke up 2 years ago. We were only together for 6 months but it was incredibly intense. She would discuss our kids, lives together etc. and seemed to believe it since she confirmed to others who she was unaware would discuss this with me.

Heading off to college, we broke up. Since then, we have had sporadic contact and have slept together once. She has, however, said that nothing she has had since has compared etc.

At the start of Summer she contacted me to say she was home and suggested we meet ASAP. We went for an evening walk/drink and had a fantastic time, with her clearly not keen to go home. The next day she was heavily hinting at a second meetup so I suggested a beach trip for the evening. Again we got on really well and ended up sleeping together. Afterwards she said how excited she had been to see me again, how she still hadn't felt the way she felt about me for anyone else, how we get on better than she does with anyone else and cursed the distance etc. for separating us.

The following day she messaged to say that she wanted to spend more time with me over the Summer, how her bed felt empty without me in it, how she was getting extreme nostalgia.

2 days later, I suggested we meet up for a chilled evening, but she was unable to do so for genuine reasons. She then went away for 3 days and I let it all cool off a bit - neither of us in contact with one another.

After she got back from her trip, she messaged and asked to meet again. During this meeting she was making contact physically, holding my hand and kissing me etc. A few days later she messaged, drunkenly, flirted with me and suggested she was playing hard to get to win me.

The next day, I suggested we meet again, but she was busy, again legitimately with work and a family b'day. Ordinarily I would have avoided doing so, so as not to come across as overly keen, but the next day, since I was going on holiday for a week, I sent a message saying that I was going away and if she fancied meeting up prior she could let me know. She said her weekend was too busy (she works weekends till late in a pub).

Since then I have barely heard anything. I messaged her first after my week away, since she normally intiates contact, and we chatted away but she was fairly unenthusiastic. Two days after this, she again messaged me asking how I was, so I took the opportunity to suggest we meet again, since it has been about 2 weeks. She basically palmed me with with 'I'm potentially busy but shall let you know' - this was last night and I haven't heard since.

Have I come across as too keen or something? Too available? I feel as though I did all I could - when we first started dating 2 years ago she complained that I was too enthusiastic, too absent and played hard to get, so I tried to be more available this time, without going overboard. I just don't understand how she could be SO keen on the occasions we met and now nothing?

I'm a big fan of clarity and just talking to her, instead of playing guessing games. Since you have already had an intense relationship with her before, I think you owe it to yourselves to have a bit of a chat about whether she is into this or not. If you haven't met in two weeks though, it doesn't look good.

• Like 1