out of the blue.

My exdumped me very unexpectedly a year ago. We had had a great relationship and he was so happy everyone knew it and everyone was shocked. but he had a course to elsewhere, had cfs and was under pressure. I initiated No contact immediately but broke it after 4 months when the course was over. I emailed him. his reply was fairly cold and mentioned his travel plans. i already knew about those. i gave a bright and breezy reply. his next reply was warmer. we emailed light-heartedly back and forth until christmas. it seemed that i would send something hed reply and it would quickly peter out, because he would stop. so i decided to stop and three weeks later it started again. All this timme his friends were telling me how tired and down he was, the cfs seemed to be acting up after the course which took alot out of him.

at christmas he finished work and in january set off on his grand trip to australia etc. he never emailed goodbye, happy christmas etc. I was depressed but I was determined not to email again/ on his travels he sent emails to all his friends but not me. I took the hint.

Then two weeks ago at the end of february he sends me an email from New Zealand. He apologises twice for not contacting me and calls me honey. What does this mean?

Now I would never do this to an ex I dumped, unless I wanted them back I suppose. But that's me. What do you guys think? :confused:

It could be an opportunity to reconcile, if you want that. Have you responded to the e-mail? I'd need to see another correspondence from him before deciding if he's just trying to be friendly. Sometimes people will contact exes when they are lonely and looking for anyone, but right now that's nothing but speculation.

• Author

Thanks for your replies.

Oh yes I do want him back, absolutely.

I replied in a friendly casual way to his email a few days later. he's travelling by himself but is having lots of adventures and has met a few people along the way. he has extended his trip by two weeks until early may so he must be having fun.he asked me about my work and my travel plans. he told me to drop him a line.I told him im going to China in july.

he replied to my email.thanking me for my reply and telling me he had been up a glacier. then he asked me to keep him updated on my shenanigans. I haven't replied yet becaue my friends told me to wait at least a week.

so do you think he wants to reconcile?

Originally posted by jadora

Then two weeks ago at the end of february he sends me an email from New Zealand. He apologises twice for not contacting me and calls me honey. What does this mean?

It means nothing.