Found HS bf on Facebook after 20 plus years

Readandwrite

Readandwrite

I found my Highschool boyfriend on Facebook. He accepted my friend request. A week later he messaged me. We have been chatting. (I found him years ago right after I was divorced following a 20 yr marriage...but he was married.) He divorced right after I found him and didn't contact him.

We live in different states now... but he does travel lots with his business.

He hasn't mentioned anyone in his life...but I flat out asked him in my last message. Not sure if that's too forward. I'm new at Facebook. I have no clue how he feels about everything after all these years... He wrote I was always smart and motivated.

I am so man\dating\flirting challenged....I really don't know what to write...

If he has a gf...is it OK to be friends?

Thx

Jersey born raised

No you are not being to forward. Start by defining girlfriend. If both of your hands are clean go for it but be realistic. There are a lot of frogs out there.

take this in the best light, you are not the person you were in HS and neither is he. Good, bad or indifferent ....

I stopped going back to the past to regenerate those relationships, they had there good moments and to be quite frank. The person had matured, changed and no longer deserved to be put in that time capsule.

which is why when I run into someone from that era, I often say, Well I knew "of" them, yet I know them not now.

Yes its okay to be friends of a social nature, yet I do not think you are seeking that....

• Author
Readandwrite
No you are not being to forward. Start by defining girlfriend. If both of your hands are clean go for it but be realistic. There are a lot of frogs out there.

My hssh...I knew all my life. Neighbor boy.

He just wrote and said he doesn't have anyone.

I really have no idea how to flirt. He has given me compliments on the smart...motivated and now that l don't seem to have aged much...

• Author
Readandwrite

Just wanted to update

We had been chatting every day...but it's been 4 days and nothing from him. He travels and is oiff on a nice Beach destination for a few weeks. So that's understandable.

Anyhow...I had not gone thru his friend list...but someone commented and I recognized her name. She was in my grade and We had been friends all thru school. Back when the wqas my h.s boyfriend he would say things like how great her hair was ...how she dresses..I should do my hair like her...I should wear things like her. I tokd him maybe he shoukd be with her then. When we broke up...he went right to her. They tried to keep it a secret. I was once at his house at night and she called and the told me to keep quiet so she didn't hear. I left. He was obviously with her and talking to me on the side...and trying to get me back. (He was two grades ahead in school.)

I was still friends with his sibling...and would go to the house when he wasn't home. They needed something from his room...and we came across tons of naked photos of this girl. Honestly we weren't snooping.

Anyhow...it was all very hurtful to me.

Maybe this is immature of me...but I blocked her from seeing my f.b. (we obviously weren't friends anymore.) I guess it's a bigger debate ...but it did hurt me...and still does.

I'm not sure I want to be on his friends list anymore. I guess it's silly...

Thx for reading.

• Author
Readandwrite

I wanted to add that when hexwas my bf... I ways suspicious of the two of them. He was always comparing me to her or knew things about her that I didn't tell him.