A little too much, a little too late. GIGS

playlislay

I wanted to post this for all of those who desperately scan the second chances section in hope for a tiny glimmer of hope. Sadly, it's too late for him to stand a chance with me because he caused too much damage, but I thought it'd still be worth posting.

Me:30

Him: 25

We met 5 and a half years ago whilst on a night out. Worried that he was a tad too young, we casually dated a few months before we became official. We lived together over a year later up until April last year, where I left him after spending 3 months travelling together (3 months solid, 24-7 was just too much). Obviously I regretted my decision after a few weeks of peace, so we got back together but lived separately.

Long story short, my mum was extremely sick between the end of July to the start of September 2015. During that time, I had a mental breakdown and suffered with anxiety and depression. I wasn't coping. Because of this, I ignored him for three weeks straight. I remember telling him that I wasn't coping, but he clearly didn't realise to what extent.

I called him at the start of September to explain but his barriers were already up and he'd already started to move on. We tried up until the start of October, but he'd already detached himself emotionally. So he left me. He left during a fragile time where I honestly needed him the most. It felt like he'd died. I was devastated.

I found out a week later that he had already started seeing someone new. Another devastating blow, but I hoped it would help me move on quicker.

I spent up until Christmas wallowing in depression over him whilst trying to hold down a job and look after Mum, who was slowly improving.

It wasn't until the end of January this year that I started to realise I was nearly over him and felt ready to embark on a new relationship.

Now this is where it gets interesting: 2 days ago, he rand me at 11pm, telling me how he'd made a huge mistake, how he'd rushed into things with her when he had a "long-lasting, quality" woman who he stupidly threw away. You get the point.

It turns out that after dating for only TWO months, they got a flat together. 6 weeks later and it's all mucked up. Apparently she's left and apparently he's glad about it. But who dies he come running to? The woman whose love and trust he completely destroyed and walked over.

So there you have it. A CLASSIC case of GIGS.

I mourned for him like he died and he rocks up out of the blue claiming he made a huge mistake, acting as if he can waltz back into my life like nothing's happened. Do you know how many months I spent just wanting to hear his voice???? But he's too late. I'm over it.

And yes, he's young, we all make mistakes. But if he can leave me at my darkest hour AND shack up with someone else, then I know he'll do it again. Feel free to give examples where people did learn from their mistakes, but I doubt it'd change my mind.

Oh well, at least I got an apology!

You were the one that pushed him away. Correct me if im wrong? He wasnt going to wait around for you. U broke up with him once before, so he must have felt like you just werent that into him. Sorry for the harsh truth.

• Like 1
You were the one that pushed him away. Correct me if im wrong? He wasnt going to wait around for you. U broke up with him once before, so he must have felt like you just werent that into him. Sorry for the harsh truth.

Yeah, I agree. What part am I missing? You ignored him for three weeks. THREE WEEKS. Instead of communicating you cut him out. It seems like you are just as guilty. I hope you guys work back through things if you believe it's meant to be one day.

• Like 1