This is why you should listen to friends and loveshack

Chicago.

Broke up with a gf of four years in November bc we fell out of love and didn't want try to make things work

We got back together shortly after she saw me at a bar with another women and after I got an accident in January. Bc since I suffered injuries related to that she said she wanted to be there for me. I have not been able to work out or do any activities I would have before like go to bars or concerts. I am mostly confined to my home. I made a decision based off of convenience and selfishness to actually follow through with getting back with the ex while at the time I was not completely sure about it and I was talking to a new women I was interested in. I kept talking to that new woman because I was so unsure about whether we would work at all. I am inhibiting seeing whether it would work by talking to this women so that is counterintuitive.

Now forward to February, the women I'm interested in is very interested back. Meanwhile the EX is willing to do absolutely anything to make things work it seems. Still recovering from the accident and not being able to go out really slows everything down and has me set up to make decisions the wrong reasons maybe even without realize it. Ex has been visiting me about once a week bc she has a busy schedule and is not prioritizing me over other commitments which is fine by me.

Anyway my family, friends and this very community said don't get back with the ex, yet I did. So I dont really deserve any advice or support, but reading other posts and replies to my thread helped me. So thanks in advance.

It's pointless this time though because I think it's obvious I should not pursue ex and just recover alone. But unless you know what it's like to be confined to your house take it easy on my idiocracies. It is still a stupid decsion though, I see that. Because if that is what would make the difference between us being together and not...soon enough I'll realize it's not enough.

Edited by Chicago.
  • Like 1

More importantly, you should listen to your own gut feelings.

If it feels like it's not going to work, it's not going to work.

Take care.

• Like 2