Do I really a second chance?

TooMuchThinking

TooMuchThinking

I can't help thinking about him.

One second I think that the breakup was a blessing. That I dodged a bullet. And the next I am ruminating over everything that happened and praying to god that he will contact me.

I've been in "fake" No Contact with him. I have not had any direct contact with him for 9 days. But I do sometimes find myself drawn to check up on him through social media - it's something I'm doing less and less each day.

I just want to know when the hope will go away. When will I stop wishing he would reach out.

I don't want NC to be about getting him back. I am doing it to move on...but every few days I think: "I hope he reaches out."

My heart just hurts so much. It feels like a piece of my body is missing and I can't seem to find a way to fix it.

• Like 2

Missing a person when they first become absent from your life is normal. I wouldn't overthink that. Make rules for yourself. Maybe even physically write them down. I let myself check on my ex's fb page, but not send them any texts or snapchats. Overtime the desire to see if they're up to anything fades.

For me in the past, it's been when I start seeing someone else that I really move on.

• Like 1
Confused Guy23

I can't say when that hope feeling is going to go away only time and wanting to move on will help with that. I would suggest you stop checking his social media. I used social media to see what my ex was up to and it only made it worse. Just take it one day at a time and work on yourself it will get better.

• Author
TooMuchThinking

Yeah. I know what I need to do.

He has said explicitly that he does not want to talk to me anymore. And I know he is starting to date someone else.

I just can't seem to let go. Even though I want to. I just obsess over it 24/7