How did everyone take it

olddutchy

Hi all,

I'm just curious for those of you who have had a success reconciliation how your family and friends took it. Say they liked him/her when you were together and were upset he/she "broke your heart" by breaking up with you. When you get got back together, I'm sure it was hard to tell everyone you were trying again. How did everyone take it and react?

They took it "ok" mainly because I did not trash talk about her to them. In all of my breakups, I have hardly gone into detail about the bad times. I don't disrespect people to my family like that and I don't waste my friends' time by complaining like that. I might spill everything to one or maybe two very close friends, but that's about it, and those particular friends know so much about me, they wouldn't make a big deal out of it; they'd just say something like "ok, well be careful." No airing out dirty laundry anywhere, especially not facebook like so many people nowadays. It's so cringy seeing people post things when they break up, even just changing their background image to some stupid quote they read off the internet. Annoying, but that's a whole other rant... So yeah not much trash-talking to them, so when we got back together, they didn't have much to go on as far as judgments. And they all know people have issues, themselves included.