Since 2012 the last we spoke

Jack_Bailey

Now she sends a Facebook e-mail: I need to talk with you it is very---

I haven't opened the e-mail. I'm guessing "very important" or "very urgent".

Here's the thing--> She blocked me via Facebook (since 2012) and no contact whatsoever when I tried my best to understand what I did wrong. I so loved her. And I can't lie...I do think of her still daily...not like a nut or anything. It's just difficult to find someone >like< her.

And now?! She wants a >friend request< and reply (I'm guessing). She e-mailed me this past Saturday.

I haven't responded yet. Going to let this ride a week or two.

What's your advice?

Jack:(

Not sure how it ended and maybe that would make me think differently, but I would just open it and then decide about replying and the friend request after. 3 years is a long time ago. And, who knows, maybe there is a mutual friend or an event that happened, and they want you to know about it. Or maybe they want to do something like apologize for some guilt they're feeling or some exes reach out after a number of years because they realize you were a lot better than the others out there and it took them a while to figure it out.

I still think about exes from over 10 years ago randomly and have exchanged messages over FB. I initiated one contact and an ex initiated the other one. Both break ups were pretty bad, but it was nice to hear they were doing well and they were interested with what I did with my life. There were no talks about our relationship in any of the messages. We exchange the normal FB holiday and birthday greetings, but that's about it. Whatever you decide good luck!

• Like 1

After 3 years I would probably be curious what she had to say.

Whether you respond or not would depend on the contents of the message.

SoThatHappened
Well, she did ask how was I. So...it's something.

So then you read the message?

"it's something"? Asking how you were isn't very urgent or important!

What was the message? Contents of the breakup?

I hope you actually read the email. It's been this long so you might as well do it.

Don't just leave it, and wonder about it for days. You get your hopes up, and then it might turn out to be some dumb meaningless message.