Ever have an Ex from a LTR come back after leaving for someone else?

Skullheart

I have come to accept my fate that my Ex of 2 years and 4 months isn't coming back but I just want to hear some stories about some long time lovers coming back after dropping you for someone else.

I know it sounds like I am grasping for false hope but I don't know.. Just reading them makes me feel better.

I have come to accept my fate that my Ex of 2 years and 4 months isn't coming back but I just want to hear some stories about some long time lovers coming back after dropping you for someone else.

I know it sounds like I am grasping for false hope but I don't know.. Just reading them makes me feel better.

It doesn't seem as though you've accepted that your ex isn't coming back. This isn't criticism - I know it's hard to lose the hope.

I find that reading stories of other people's success gives you false hope. I love stories of people getting back together. I'm a romantic at heart and it makes me happy hearing about people that have found their way back to each other. But I think when you're in a broken-hearted state after being dumped, they don't really help.

My response is probably biased as I'm in the stage of trying to convince myself he's not coming back. Some days I think I'm there, then boom I go backward.

Yes, I was in my 20s and like you I spent about 3 months pining and hoping and finally moving on.

When she called out of the blue, at first I was leery, then happy and finally, after hearing her reasons through for leaving the other guy I decided that I couldn't be with her all in the course of a day.

I wasn't so much a person that she wanted, just someone that she knew that she could have in a pinch (grieving can be painful and lonely and a lot of people can't do it). I figured it would only be a matter of time before some knew option came around.

It took 14 months for my ex who left me for someone else to come sniffing around. We have been talking now for 2 1/2 months and taking things slow.

Yes it does happen but it's rare. We were together for 4 years living together. He left for another woman and it tore me apart. He would never admit he did but I knew.

Just in the last couple of weeks I confronted him and told him I knew and whatever he said I just knew. He still never confirmed it but he left it at that.

It is a long process back but if the love is true it can work.

We are just beginning so we shall see.

We were never fully NC. If I contacted him he would respond but it was mostly him making contact. We went 5 months without any contact at all and it was hard but I kept busy then he started showing up where I was and then asking me over for a drink and now we meet up a few times a week to talk. We don't talk about our relationship we just talk like we used to.

There has never been any awkwardness between us and I think that helped a lot.

Just be patient if there is real love there they can't deny it forever it will come back to them

You haven't accepted it, otherwise you wouldn't care to hear stories about exes coming back. They'd probably make you feel disappointed that it's not happening to you. It can take a while to accept, but sorry to say, you aren't there yet. You're looking for stories involving what you want to happen to you so that you can keep hope alive.

I took her back. Biggest mistake of my life and 3 years of being put in a box...then lo and behold, the ex she left me for messages her...and me!!! She finally comes clean and says she replied to his how are you text.

I ended it a month ago...no contact since and feel a complete mug,,wasted 3 years of my life to what...talk to the ex and keep it from me??? She's gone and I hope she and he have a miserable f-cking life,

Don't ever take them back under these circumstances, would be my strong advice.

• Author
You haven't accepted it, otherwise you wouldn't care to hear stories about exes coming back. They'd probably make you feel disappointed that it's not happening to you. It can take a while to accept, but sorry to say, you aren't there yet. You're looking for stories involving what you want to happen to you so that you can keep hope alive.

Yeah.. You're right.

Sometimes I just get in these moods and yeah.

It's hard for me and everyone else that had just ended a LTR I would imagine.

Yeah.. You're right.

Sometimes I just get in these moods and yeah.

It's hard for me and everyone else that had just ended a LTR I would imagine.

Yep, it's hard and I think it's a pretty normal feeling to have.

I'm the same. But the hope decreases everyday, so don't worry you'll get there :)

It is possible but don't hope for it.

The most common scenario is when you really truly give up hope. Grieve it out, meet someone new, and really move on an Ex or Ex's will come sniffing around. It is as if people who rejected you can sense when you are not any longer an option for them.

Michelle ma Belle

Honestly, I'd NEVER be anyone's second choice.

It's one thing to break up with someone because you grew apart and then went on with your lives only to come back to each other but to be kicked to the curb for another woman? HELL to the NO!

You deserve better than this and it's time that you believed that as well.

:)

• Like 1
  • Author
Honestly, I'd NEVER be anyone's second choice.

It's one thing to break up with someone because you grew apart and then went on with your lives only to come back to each other but to be kicked to the curb for another woman? HELL to the NO!

You deserve better than this and it's time that you believed that as well.

:)

I am a guy haha

But I think the reason being is that she was my first love. I've never loved someone like this before and I guess that since this was my first longest and serious relationship, it's really hard to detach these emotions.