Does she still likes me?

Hello Loveshackers,

I am a little confused. 2 months ago i broke up with my girlfriend, because i used alot of drugs (weed) and placed drugs on 1 and my girlfriend on 2. It was pretty bad, and i didn't wanted to hurt her anymore so i broke up with her.

Everything was going fine, until a few weeks ago. I suddenly miss her, i was so desperate that i contacted her alot, which she did not like. Afterwards i fully understand why, and i apologised for it to her.

A few weeks later i'm doing alright, but i still miss my ex-gf. We had a relationship of almost 2 years, so it leaves a hole in my life.

Anyways, previous week i told her i was probably going to have a date, and she commented that i should have fun with it, and she told that she had some dates probably.

I also did no-contact, but only for a few days haha. Last friday i've sent her roses, anonymous. She said she became angry when i told her the roses were mine. I told to her it doesn't have anything special and it was just a gift.

Last Saturday i asked if she would like to come over, which she did. We talked alot, and i told her that i canceled my date, because i thought it was too early and it didn't feel right. She told to me she didn't really wanted to date, and the dates with those guys aren't really dates. She told that she just wanted hang out, and wasn't looking for anything with those guys.

I thought it was pretty strange, because when i told about my date she told she had some dates, and now suddenly, after i told her i canceled my dates she tells me her dates aren't really dates.

We also had sex after i asked her, which was really enjoyable. After the sex she was really intimate, she hanged on my knee, and leaned towards me when we were talking about several things. I also made her laugh, which i find a pretty good sign haha.

Now we still got contact through whatsapp, but is not really something interesting. I asked her if she wants to come next Tuesday, to visit my sister who gave birth. She was going to think about it, it depended on her housework she told.

I advised her to go on dates, and do stuff with the guys who she is going to date, but she told me she doesn't want to.

I really miss her, i changed ALOT. Stopped doing drugs, going to the gym again and having my own life.

What do you guys think about this? Is there a chance she still likes me?

Sorry for my bad English, Dutch is my primary language since i'm from the Netherlands, so yeah haha.

Thanks in advance!

(My age is btw 20, hers is 19.)

• Author

No one?

Well, monday i told her after we hugged i had some feelings returning for her. Afterwards i dropped het at home and called her stating i want to cut off contact, because she said she does not have feelings for me.

In the evening i broke, and called her. I finally had to say what i wanted to say, what went wrong in the relationship and it was a pretty good conversation. We both agreed on breaking contact.

On wednesday i contacted her best friend, and i told her best friend that i'm not a bad guy as i look like. Her best friend told me she didn't really thought i've been bad for my ex-gf, and she cheered me up. She told me i needed to go out on dates, to get happy again.

Next day, i planned a date with a girl. I contacted the best friend of my ex again and i told her i had a date soon and was excited about it and also told i deleted my ex from everything. 1 hour later i suddenly received a text from my ex-gf, asking how i was doing.

I immediatly deleted the text and did not reply.

Was it smart, to ignore her? For me it felt like the right thing.

It seems as if she's just trying to use you emotionally. You need to draw the line with her that you won't be dragged along if she has no intentions of being with you. It's tough man, but stopping contact for a while would be good. So she can start to realise what she's missing

Yes you did the right thing with ignoring the text. If you have told her that you want her back and she has told you flat out she has no feelings for you, it's time for you to move on. Stick to NC (which also means no contact with her best friend), it will help you move on.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Author

Well, a small update. The day after i contacted her, and asked how it was going. We went into an argument but later that evening everything was fine and we laughed about our argument, and made comments that even if the argument was hard we always would make it up.

So we had some contact throught texting, not much really, and the previous tuesday we met. She told me she doesn't know where she had an appointment for a job, ( It is nearby me.) and i offered to bring her. Afterwards we went to her place, and i talked to their parents. It was pretty fun, and we talked a bit in the car.

That evening she said she wants to think about another second chance, when i told her about that kind of stuff. After she was home i was really happy, and texted her so much that she got annoyed with it haha, my fault.

The next day she said i shouldn't had my hopes up, probably because i was texting so much.

Anyways, that day i didn't talk to her and ignored the contact for a bit. On friday i asked if she was going to the same party as i was attending, and she didn't know if she was going to or not. So i offered to pick her up with my car, which she accepted. So i picked her up with a friend of mine, and it was pretty fun, laughed alot etcetera. Afterwards i brought her home, and we had a pretty serious conversation about her. She has some personal problems, and we spoke about that. She broke down in front of me, and we hugged several times. One time we almost kissed, but we both backed off and it was a kind of awkward.

So the next day i had a girl coming over to me, and she was going to sleep at my place (seperated). So my ex-gf found out and i told her i didn't want to do anything with the girl. The next day she suddenly told me she wants space and blocked me on whatsapp. I tried to contact her several times, saying i didn't understand it coming out of the blue. And she unblocked me and told me she wants to work on herself and make things better.

That evening she was going to the cinema with a guy, and the guy likes her while she told me she sees it as a friendly date, and nothing extra's.

So we called, and had a pretty serious convo, and it really helped. I told her we could make a deal, that if i give her space, she would think about a second chance, which she accepted. Afterwards we had a little contact through texting, and after wishing her goodnight i stopped contacting her, to give her space.

It's now day 2, and i heard nothing from her. She is a week in france now, for her school, and i feel bad about it and think she will not go for another chance. It's a feeling from the guts, but i always think the most negative outcome..

Sorry for my english errors, it is not my native language haha.

What do you guys think about it?

• Author

And also! When she brought me home that tuesday, we talked a bit about second chances and such. When we decided to go she tuned Ed Sheeran - Photograph on the radio. She turned it louder and told me that she finds it a beautifull song.

Lyrics:

"Photograph"

Loving can hurt

Loving can hurt sometimes

But it's the only thing that I know

When it gets hard

You know it can get hard sometimes

It is the only thing that makes us feel alive

We keep this love in a photograph

We made these memories for ourselves

Where our eyes are never closing

Hearts are never broken

Times forever frozen still

So you can keep me

Inside the pocket

Of your ripped jeans

Holdin' me closer

'Til our eyes meet

You won't ever be alone

Wait for me to come home

Loving can heal

Loving can mend your soul

And it's the only thing that I know (know)

I swear it will get easier

Remember that with every piece of ya

And it's the only thing we take with us when we die

We keep this love in this photograph

We made these memories for ourselves

Where our eyes are never closing

Our hearts were never broken

Times forever frozen still

So you can keep me

Inside the pocket

Of your ripped jeans

Holdin' me closer