Kim Davis - A second chance that worked.

Mrlonelyone

I don't agree with her stance on LGBT marriage. However, her love story is a story of a second chance that seems to have worked out for her.

Kim Davis the person denying marriage licenses to LGBT couples.... has been married four times twice to the same man.

Married once at 18 well of course that does not generally work out.

Married to husband 2 and 4

Cheated on husband 2 with husband 3 and had his twins. Husband 3 then is accused of being violent and she divorces him..

Then she marries husband 2 and 4 again.

So there you have it a love story that while it is brought to our attention by this persons hateful acts towards one group shows that second chances are possible. Even after someone breaks up, cheats, and marries someone else.

What changed to make this possible. The same religious awakening that Davis says makes her deny licenses to LGBT people. She realized that up to that point she'd acted like kind of a bratty jerk. Then she wanted to change. She used religion to get there.

I write a lot about second chances because I had one work for a while in the past. They can work but can't be forced and aren't common.

The key is something has to change about the person and situation to make a new relationship possible. The old relationship that was left has to have also been invested enough to not be easily surpassed by the next casual infatuation or rebound. It has to have been long and/or deep and or/intense.

Then the reasons it ended have to have been addressed.

The external reasons and the internal reasons.

The internal reasons, immaturity, insecurity, mental health reasons, substance abuse and addiction, codependent smothering, fear of and fleeing from intimacy are often hard to address. By the time one person or the other addresses those they other will have moved on.

• Author

Yes. She really did that. Married at 18. Divorced in about two years. Married again. Cheating on husband 2 having twins with husband 3 then divorcing husband 3 and getting back with husband 2.

Husband 2 from the looks of him was a tall powerfully built man so...it's not like he was desperate or something.

Yes. She really did that. Married at 18. Divorced in about two years. Married again. Cheating on husband 2 having twins with husband 3 then divorcing husband 3 and getting back with husband 2.

Husband 2 from the looks of him was a tall powerfully built man so...it's not like he was desperate or something.

Sounds like a hot mess to me.

Not the story book ending you are depicting, but to each his own.

• Author

Rainbowlove... no real love story is ever a "storybook ending". The best way a good relationship ends is with marriage, living together until old age, then dying at almost the same moment together in a car crash.

The story of John Forbes Nash and Alicia DeLarde gets close to that. If we leave out two or three decades in which they weren't married but lived together while not being together.

• Author

Found an article that breaks down the love life of Kim Davis. Kim Davis conceived twins in adulterous affair with lover then married him | Daily Mail Online

She married at 18 to one guy. Cheated on him and had kids with another guy. Married her current husband for 10 years. Then she divorced him and married her baby dady for a while then remarried her current husband. They have been married since 2009.

It would be interesting to know just how that worked. I mean WTH she left her husband and married someone else. How could you come back from that?

Found an article that breaks down the love life of Kim Davis. Kim Davis conceived twins in adulterous affair with lover then married him | Daily Mail Online

She married at 18 to one guy. Cheated on him and had kids with another guy. Married her current husband for 10 years. Then she divorced him and married her baby dady for a while then remarried her current husband. They have been married since 2009.

It would be interesting to know just how that worked. I mean WTH she left her husband and married someone else. How could you come back from that?

The perfect person to stand for the sanctity of marriage. What a paragon of morality and a soldier in the fight to defend marriage from the evil gays who want to do it.

• Like 2
GorillaTheater

What changed to make this possible. The same religious awakening that Davis says makes her deny licenses to LGBT people. She realized that up to that point she'd acted like kind of a bratty jerk. Then she wanted to change. She used religion to get there.

I write a lot about second chances because I had one work for a while in the past. They can work but can't be forced and aren't common.

I'm all for second chances in a lot of instances. I've certainly been the beneficiary of a second chance or three and I'm grateful for them.

But it seems to me that those who have been forgiven much are expected to likewise forgive others and cut them a break. I even think that Jesus had a parable to that effect.

What I see is a woman who may have turned her personal life around, but wants to take a hard, inflexible line against folks whose personal lives she doesn't agree with.

• Like 1
  • Author
The perfect person to stand for the sanctity of marriage. What a paragon of morality and a soldier in the fight to defend marriage from the evil gays who want to do it.

Yeah a total hypocrite. The non judgmental part of being Christian escapes her.

That said... It is really curious that she was able to marry then divorce one man husband 2/4. Marry and divorce another. Then get back with husband 2/4. I mean moving on and getting married to a new man would be a wrap for most relationships. Are there only a few men in the whole world to her?

• Author

I wouldn't call Kentucy "middle america" as in the Midwestern US. But... the whole county has 23,000 people in it. It is a tiny county compared to counties in CA which are huge but you get the idea. Not a lot of options.

There seem to be one of two reasons people give it a second chance.

1.) Not a lot of options out there.

2.) There are a lot of options but, after roaming around for a while, the first choice was the best choice.

thefooloftheyear
Men in her area must be very desperate.

That was my first thought......what a hound...:sick:

Sounds like a garden variety crazy woman.....

TFY

• Author

Yeah. In a place like LA you will always have many more OPTIONS if you need them.

That said. Kim Davis sounds like many people who choose the wrong type of person over the right type of person again and again. Hopefully, for her sake, she's finally with the right man for her.