Not sure if he wants me back, or is using me

In the last 3 weeks I've gone through some really emotionally draining situations with my ex-boyfriend and at this point I'm really not sure of what to think or do.

I had been with my ex for a year and a half, and everything was really great. We connected so well, he was my best friend, we were extremely open and trusting of one another. 3 weeks ago, on the day he did it, I found out he had sent some private photos to a random girl who in return sent photos back. I was upset and hurt and had no idea why on earth he'd do that. His response? "I wasn't thinking." I broke it off with him but he still continued to contact me everyday. He started giving me mixed signals. Acting like he didn't care about me, but wanting to spend all this time with me. Because it wasn't only confusing me, but hurting me I told him that I didn't feel as if we should talk for a while. He said okay. The next day he contacted me saying that we should go our separate ways and that he no longer wanted me in his life and had 0 feelings for me. Confused, but tired I said ok and that was that. Over the course of the next week he would text me with vague questions dealing with accounts we shared, etc. I would reply and that was that.

On wednesday he called me out of the blue asking to see how I was doing. I was straight up confused since this guy had told a friend he hated me, and told me he had no feelings for me. He's been contacting me everyday since wednesday. He even called me at 6 am yesterday and today 3 times for reasons unknown since I was asleep and didn't answer. Today I asked him a simple question and he replied by telling me Im dumb and ask stupid questions.

I'm seriously so confused. I don't know what he really wants from me especially given the fact that he met a girl he likes last week. Please help I have no idea what to do here

this guy sounds like a narcissistic psychopath, blatantly manipulating you and sending you mixed messages.

i know that it's probably too early to expect you to follow this advice, but i'd recommend changing your phone number so that you can clear your head and re-evaluate. i personally view cheating and emotional abuse and dealbreakers, and both of these seem to be in evidence here.

i find the 180 change in his behavior very concerning for any number of reasons, and while i know a year and a half is significant time for you, it takes a good deal longer to really get to know a partner.

i don't like the way this situation sounds. keep posting and try to distance yourself from this person.

• Like 2
  • Author

He called me twice at 2am, stating that his reasons behind calling me the previous day at 6am were because he was bored.

He acts like nothing is wrong between us, and that nothing ever went down including everything he said. He shows no signs of ever bringing it up.

I don't know what's going on between him and this girl he supposedly likes other than they are just friends, which I didn't hear from him.

I'm pretty sure he's told her nothing about getting out of a relationship 3 weeks ago, or that he still talks to his ex everyday too.