need quick support

arrow12

My ex asked to get back together but it was a couple months till we would be able to see each other so i said to be friends for now and we agreed to meet up as soon as we were both back.

i then heard through a mutual friend that he took it as i wanted nothing more and we were done and i was only interested in being just friends. I didn't know he had taken it this way until yesterday which was when i got back, so i messaged him to organise meeting up to clear things up and he agreed to meet me tonight.

I have now just found out he started dating another girl last week. He thought i wanted nothing to do with him so thats why he started moving on but i don't know why he wants to meet up with me now? he said we needed to talk, but before i knew about the other girl i thought it was to get back together and now i don't know. I assume if he was just gonna tell me he wasnt interested he would have done it over the phone and not asked to meet me. I really want us to get back together but i don't know what to do, I really need some advice

Maybe he's making good on the friend thing? That's what friends do.

Misunderstandings or not, if he's got another girl now, that's that. I'd call him and clear the air as far as your thoughts and feelings go, and then if you can both still meet as friends, fine. If not, say your goodbyes and wish him good luck. But don't get together now with the intent of trying to steal him back out from under his new GF. The way things shook out may have been unfortunate but that still doesn't make poaching ok.