feel like a mug

I have been in an on/off relationship for three years. My partner had just left his wife when we met. In the first year, he called off our relationship as he couldn't commit but went in to other women. He came back to me each time. Last year he moved away for a while. He came back begging me to give him one last chance. I told him it was the last time. Needless to say i love him. I made the mistake of looking through his phone. Yet again text messages to another woman (previous fling) suggestive on his part, not on hers. I haven't said anything yet. Feel very low and self esteem is zero. He lives with me and i don't want him to go. Suggestions please? Its tearing me apart :(

Since you said you would give him one last chance - and he clearly effed that up by texting other women suggestively - it's time you stick to your word and make it clear that he failed, it's over, and you won't tolerate being treated in this way.

Your word is your self-respect. Have boundaries, be proud to be a person of character. Which means getting out of this r/s.

• Like 1

You'll never have anything better until you realise you deserve something better.

You need to do some regular and sustained work on your level of self-esteem.

You can't change him, but you can change yourself.

That should be your focus.