Getting mixed signals and I'm very ...

violetkitty4

One month ago my ex and I broke up. He basically had been feeling like we were fighting too much due to the distance, caused by a summer break for school, and he also met someone else who was pursuing him. He got into a relationship with this new girl a couple days later. We went no contact for a month. However, I moved back to school last week, so I am close to him again. I had a moment of weakness and called him yesterday. He called me back, texted, and I didn't respond. He called me back again at night and asked me how I was doing, and asked if he could come over to see me. I let him come over. He told me he has been depressed and lonely and felt like he lost his best friend without me, and that he still loves me. He was holding my hand and trying to get me to lay on his shoulder which I refused to do. But at the same time, his new girlfriend was calling and texting the whole time and he was responding, and telling her he loves her. It was torture. The new girl is a lot like me, but there are some key differences with us. They have only been dating less than a month and are already saying things like "I love you so much" and I just really feel like it is bull****. He told me he wants to talk again today. He begged me to still hang out with him and talk to him on campus. I know I should cut off contact completely but I can't let go of the fact that he might realize he will never have what we had with her, and come back, and I feel like true love is worth all of this. I don't know what to think or do.

Have some self-respect and move on. This guy is a douche and will never be the faithful committed boyfriend you want him to be. He knows he can treat you poorly and you will continue to pine for him and tolerate the poor treatment. You hanging around and making yourself available isn't going to make him realize his mistakes any quicker, if at all. I don't see this ending well. You're on your way to becoming a booty call if you let him.

One month ago my ex and I broke up. He basically had been feeling like we were fighting too much due to the distance, caused by a summer break for school, and he also met someone else who was pursuing him. He got into a relationship with this new girl a couple days later. We went no contact for a month. However, I moved back to school last week, so I am close to him again. I had a moment of weakness and called him yesterday. He called me back, texted, and I didn't respond. He called me back again at night and asked me how I was doing, and asked if he could come over to see me. I let him come over. He told me he has been depressed and lonely and felt like he lost his best friend without me, and that he still loves me. He was holding my hand and trying to get me to lay on his shoulder which I refused to do. But at the same time, his new girlfriend was calling and texting the whole time and he was responding, and telling her he loves her. It was torture. The new girl is a lot like me, but there are some key differences with us. They have only been dating less than a month and are already saying things like "I love you so much" and I just really feel like it is bull****. He told me he wants to talk again today. He begged me to still hang out with him and talk to him on campus. I know I should cut off contact completely but I can't let go of the fact that he might realize he will never have what we had with her, and come back, and I feel like true love is worth all of this. I don't know what to think or do.

Next time he tries to contact you let him know that since he has moved on, you are going to start dating other people as well. Also let him know that you do not appreciate his trying to see you and kiss you and stuff while he has a girlfriend, and then drop contact. He will most likely get bored with his relationship (especially since it started off so crazy intense), and possibly come crawling back. It's up to you to decide what to do... but PLEASE let him know that you ARE DATING OTHERS and will continue to do so.