Dose this mean anything?

ok so earlier this year was dating this girl (Lets say her name was Jane) spoke from about Jan 10th 1st met up 1st feb and we ended things 29th march

we took things slow & saw each other 4 times in 2-3 months she was super busy with work etc. but texted quite a bit.

she ended it (Thought I wasn't making enough effort) & I deleted her number and moved on

recently just finished with girl i was seeing for 1 & a half months (Let's say she was called Sandra)

I put on whats app status Having a Sh*t weekend :) that was on Sunday

Yesterday Jane message on me whats app (Hadn't talked for nearly 2 months) she was asking if i was ok and why I had a bad weekend.

I told her why and she said she was sorry to hear that we split up and we chatted for a bit just asking how we both been & what we been up to.

she asked if i was seeing anyone else i said no & she told me she had a date tomz and that i am sure you will find someone soon.

is she only being friendly or what?? don't think she will wanna see me but if she dose should I accept? & give her second chance?

Edited by GTR King

She told you she is going out on a date tomorrow.

Hence... friendly.

If she wanted to see you, she wouldn't be telling you that she is going out on a date and that you will find someone soon.

You'd be better served blocking her.

• Author

ok thanks I thought she was being friendly in the 1st place

I felt it was nice that she asked how I was etc and why I had a bad weekend.

will not text her unless she message me and if she dose will just act friendly for now.

I wasn't expecting anything with her

when she ended it she basically said why and she didn't wanna speak to me anymore so deleted her number and moved on.

that why it felt odd that she messaged me and she thought i was happy with this girl as she been reading my whats app status etc and kept my number all this time

Edited by GTR King
Simon Phoenix
will not text her unless she message me and if she dose will just act friendly for now.

This is not a very good strategy at all. You should not be in contact with her at this point unless she tells you she made a mistake and wants to try again. But yeah, gobbling up breadcrumbs at this point is extremely foolish.

• Author

You are right but felt weird that she message me.

Didn't expect it at all.

If she says sorry about before & has a good reason then might give her another chance.

I am not gonna message her 1st at all has to come to me

She was just being friendly because of your status. It's a human reaction.

Your status was a total call for attention and it worked. But nothing more.

Again, she said she is going out on a date and you'd find someone soon. She's not interested.

• Like 3
  • Author

Ok thanks for the advice ?

Looks like at moment she is not interested

But it's weird that she kept my number after she didn't wanna speak to me anymore

FortunateSon

But it's weird that she kept my number after she didn't wanna speak to me anymore

I don't think it's really that unusual she still has your number. I have at least 20 numbers of people I casually dated but didn't delete, I didn't feel the need to delete them immediately after I lost interest.

• Author

Yeah but we stopped talking nearly 2 months ago

I delete her number when she wasn't interested anymore

So confused as to why she texted me when she said she didn't wanna talk to me again

Mrlonelyone

Let me take the opposite position.

I have gone on 3-4 dates with plenty of people and never heard from or wanted to hear from them again. So it could mean you made an impression on her.

If she had romantic interest in you there is one way to explain her informing you of her date. She said she had a date in order to play a game of jealousy with you. There is plenty of advice online telling women to do just that. (How to Make a Guy Jealous (with Pictures) - wikiHow for example)

The question becomes is she playing a jealous game and are you willing to play her game or not?

If you knew this woman better you could answer this question for yourself. Is she the type to be direct and ask for a second chance or is she going to be manipulative about getting what she wants? That is not a value judgement by the way sometimes manipulative is good sometimes direct is bad.)

TL;DR: Could she have some romantic interest in you sure. If she does shes going about expressing it in an indirect and manipulative manner. You have to ask yourself would you want that in your life.

• Author

I don't really wanna play silly games with her at all As they will not work on me & don't really want that in my life (As been messed about)

But I moved on when she said she didn't wanna see/hear from me again.

I am gonna let her message me & see what happens

But if she wasn't interested in me she wouldn't of been checking my what's app status etc.

As soon as she knew something was up she messaged me.

But thanks for the advice

Edited by GTR King
SolidGoldTurd
I don't really wanna play silly games with her at all As they will not work on me & don't really want that in my life (As been messed about)

But I moved on when she said she didn't wanna see/hear from me again.

I am gonna let her message me & see what happens

But if she wasn't interested in me she wouldn't of been checking my what's app status etc.

As soon as she knew something was up she messaged me.

But thanks for the advice

She checked your status because she was INTRIGUED, not interested (in the way you want). It means jack ****.

IMO you haven't "moved on". If you had "moved on" you wouldn't be here asking for a second chance you dated for a measly 2-4 months.

• Author

I didn't ask for a 2nd chance just wondered why she texted me that's all

Simon Phoenix

The ex that broke up with me nearly three years ago still has my number. Yeah, it doesn't mean a thing.