Ex accidentally texted me.Was it really an accident?

walkingonair

I broke up with him a week ago and we didn't talk for a week.Just got a text from him saying "Just got a table" and then 3 minutes later wrote "sorry wrong Kate".I have the same name as one of his best friends.But we havent texted for a week so i wasnt on his recent textings list.Have your exs every done this?Did he accidentally text me just to start a convo?if so,Idk how to respond.

It's never happened to me but if I were you I wouldn't respond. It's not a proper way to start a conversation.

• Like 3
  • Author
walkingonair
It's never happened to me but if I were you I wouldn't respond. It's not a proper way to start a conversation.

Thanks,you're right.The thing is he is super scared of rejection and has a huge ego so he's not the type to say sorry and all those things.

As far as wanting to talk OP, not a chance.

Its one of two things:

1. He accidentally text you.
  2. He intentionally texted you under the guise of an accidental text, using a phrase indicating he's on a date with this other Kate - possibly to evoke a reaction from you.

• Like 2

Hah how are we supposed to know....we don't know him or his personality. Stop seeing things that are probably not there. He's not in your life anymore, so blow it off as nothing and carry on. Plus who likes playing games...no one....so toss him out of your mind.

• Like 1
Jessie1231

Who knows. My ex husband texts me at least once or twice a week by mistake when he's meaning to text his work. So it does happen. And just the other day when I was sending a text to someone, I typed the message out then realized I was sending it to the wrong person with the same first name.

• Like 1

Just a couple days ago I called the wrong woman who had the same name as the one I was trying to call. Worst part is i hadn't spoken to her in so long that i couldn't remember who she was so i just had to say wrong number and hang up. =/ Took me like 8 hours of brainstorming before her identity finally dawned on me.

So yes, it's an accident that can and does happen.

Since you already know there was another Kate, if you previously got messages from each other it's probable that this was an accident.

Unless you want to talk to him to try to reconcile, don't read things into it.

I would have replied sth ambiguous like "lol" and let him wonder what that means. ;)

• Like 1

How convenient that he "accidentally" texts you confirming, what sounds like, a date with another girl. Maybe it was an accident, I don't know, but I'd take a guess and say it wasn't. In all the texts I've ever sent I can't remember sending a text to the wrong person, ever.

• Like 1
Summerrose2013

Oooh I've wrong texted - send a message moaning about my then boyfriend to HIM by mistake!!! Eeeeekkkk!

I would ignore this, unless you want to have a conversation with him. If it was him trying to initiate contact, are you interested?? I've definitely had exes do this to me before....and I've thought about doing it to exes too when I wanted contact with them, LOL!! Oldest trick in the book!