What do I do

hannahput24

I've been with this guy for almost 4 years. I'm only 16 years old. He's 18. I'm now a sophomore in high school and he graduated early this year. We dated for a good 10 months. Then my parents found out some bad things that happened. They decided they were going to keep us apart. Well him & I decided we were going to sneak around and continue to talk. I was grounded until the end of my 8th grade year. That's how long it lasted. Then we had both started seeing people. Well we started talking again around the middle of my freshman year, probably January. My parents found out in March and I had gotten grounded again. Well at the end of my freshman year my parents gave in and let us be together. Let me mention in all that time he did things behind my back, partied every weekend. He basically has always treated me really row. But when we started talking again I thought things were going to be different. The beginning of the summer was pretty good. We didn't really fight much. But then his bad side started coming out again. We started fighting almost every day. A lot of the times he would just make me go home. He continued to go out and drink behind my back. In July he got me a promise ring. I really thought things would change. They did for a little bit. Then school started. He started fighting all the time again. One night I got so angry and told him I was done. I had him give me a ride to my friends house. After I cooled down I had called him. I was begging him to come and work things out. He said maybe after he was done talking to his friend. Well he hung up. 15 minutes rolled around. Haven't heard any thing. So I called him. Didn't answer. Waited 5 min, called again. He finally answered. Told me he was taking to his friends mom. The next day I found out he got a blow job from his friends girlfriend. His friend told me this. I was furious. But I felt like I was so in love with him I couldn't leave. So we tried working things out. This was in September. November rolls around and the girl told me they had sex. He finally admits it. I broke up with him. We still talk everyday. But I have such anger issues now. I snap on everything. I'm just not the same. I have no patients with him. I have never been so depressed in my life. I party a lot. I'm surprised I can keep my grades up. Well I met another guy. He goes to my school. He is the sweetest thing ever. He knows my situation and respects my boundaries and what I want. He has really been trying to help me. I still love my ex but just feel like I cant be with him. I don't know what to do. He still is rude. And puts me down. I've always been the one to fight and give everything up for him. But he continues to treat me like dirt. He blames everything on me. I really need some advise.

Your ex is a lying cheating loser who will never change. He won't get better over time.... only worse. The first year of a relationship is meant to be the Honeymoon Phase, a time when you're on your best behavior -- and this is how he treats you? This is him at his *best*?

Nah, you deserve MUCH better than that.

Don't be a cliche and choose the bad boy. Bad boys.... grow up to be stupid, abusive, drunken men.

I vote for this new guy, he sounds great. ;)

• Like 3
Your ex is a lying cheating loser who will never change. He won't get better over time.... only worse. The first year of a relationship is meant to be the Honeymoon Phase, a time when you're on your best behavior -- and this is how he treats you? This is him at his *best*?

Nah, you deserve MUCH better than that.

Don't be a cliche and choose the bad boy. Bad boys.... grow up to be stupid, abusive, drunken men.

I vote for this new guy, he sounds great. ;)

Ruby just gave you the best answer anyone could give you.

Read it again and remember it.

All the best,

Satu

spiderowl

It's very simple: never allow any guy to treat you in a disrespectful manner. There is nothing to be gained from ending up with such a guy.

The new guy sounds a much better prospect but if you are hooked on your ex and his wild ways and the drama (and people do get hooked on drama because it is more exciting than a normal, peaceful relationship), then it would not be fair to let the new guy get attached if you are only going to leave him for the 'bad boy' ex.

Perhaps you need to recognise that drama does not mean a good relationship and wean yourself of this kind of excitement.

• Like 1