day 1

Hello LS....

I probably need therapy but that's a little out my price range right now lol

Anyway, this is day 1 of my NC. And today I'm not sure how I feel. I'm afraid to walk away, but I don't know if I should be. There are areas in my life that are lacking and I need to get into the mindset of changing not only for the better but for good.

I'm not much of a confider, so I figure if I wrote out how I felt each day it may help me discuss my feelings.

I will try not to ask questions, I'm just going to post until I don't feel the need to anymore. I'll also try not to post double because again I don't want to look like a child flailing my arms, just need someone to talk to even if it's just me. Lol thank you and good love n luck!

Just a tip, do not over think that you are doing NC. Just do what makes you happy. There will be down times but resist, resist, resist. Even if you see signs or at least feel something, just do what you have to do. :)

The first step is the hardest. Time will help but be prepared, some days it'll feel like you've taken two steps back. So long as you face forward and remember what brought you to this point to begin with, you will survive and be strong and happier for it in the long run.

Mike: Okay, so what if I don’t want to give up on her?

Rob: You don’t call.

Mike: But you said I don’t call if I wanted to give up on her.

Rob: Right.

Mike: So I don’t call either way?

Mike: So what’s the difference?

Rob: There is no difference right now. See, Mike, the only difference between giving up and not giving up is if you take her back when she wants to come back. But you can’t do anything to make her want to come back. In fact, you can only do stuff to make her not want to come back.

Mike: So the only difference is if I forget about her or just pretend to forget about her?

Mike: Well that sucks.

Rob: Yeah, it sucks.

Mike: So it’s just like a retroactive decision, then? I mean I could, like, forget about her and then when she comes back make like I just pretended to forget about her?

Rob: Right. Although probably more likely the opposite.

Mike: What do you mean?

Rob: I mean at first you’re going to pretend to forget about her, you’ll not call her, I don’t know, whatever… but then eventually, you really will forget about her.

Mike: Well what if she comes back first?

Rob: Mmmm… see, that’s the thing, is somehow they know not to come back until you really forget.

Mike: There’s the rub.

Rob: There’s the rub.

I have been watching this video series by a guy called corey wayne.

And everything he says that will ruin your chances of getting back with your ex you have done.

I recommend you watch all his YouTube videos before you stuff it up anymore

He's a bit of a d-bag but he seems to get good results

also check out a thread called 'if you want them back' in love shack, ive posted in there so you can find your way to it through my posts

you'll pull through, Ive started seeing the most incredible girl, something I didnt think would ever happen again.

I still do think about the ex from time to time, but you cant live in the past and you dont want to worry about the future, just live in the now.

• Like 1
  • Author

Good morning LS.... sorry I haven't been back. But I'll say things haven't gone quite as I expected....

My ex actually started reaching out on day 3 I think. The contact has ramped up slowly. When I first came to LS we went even on speaking terms. But I always knew in the back of my mind it may turn.

All of this came from just falling back. I didn't ignore her but I didn't initiate. If you get dumped you can not initiate... Period. This more so for male dumpees..like old shoe said just watch Corey Wayne. Really helped me out and the advice seems to be working.

I'll update soon.

• Like 1