talked to my short term ex after 7months nc

met a girl it was hot and heavy very quick ran its course she broke up with me.

i was really hurt and just did me for awhile. went to the gym got a great job rebuilt my life did some therapy too. its been 7 nc months and i was with a mutual friend at a small show and she came over and said hello to both of us. Previously i would see her and we would ignore eachother

she did get involved with some other guy like a month or two after and

just broke up with him.

so later the same day I ran into her again at another event.

its spring and there is a lot of stuff going on in my city. I ended up talking with her and she told me she was okay but her grandmother passed and she had been isolating a lot. I told her about my life and I was doing great and she seemed off and a bit cold. we joked a bit and reminisced about a inside joke i made her laugh a lot and she then abruptly said she want to go and be alone and she said goodbye and walked off.

it really drained me seeing her i actually had to take a nap after. i really want to reach out and ask her to be friends and open the lines of communication some more. i know i will probably see her again and we have mutual friends. a part of me is like dont get excited just let it be you talked said some hellos caught up a hair thats enough. I still care about her and think about her a lot but I do want to remain dignified when she broke up with me i never pleaded or begged i simply told her dont txt me anymore and walked away. any advice would be appreciated.

Edited by robbysurfs
Simon Phoenix

She broke up with you, it's up to her to reach out. You reaching out after a brief encounter would look needy as hell. Plus it doesn't sound like you are indifferent at this point if running into her drained you to the point where you have to take a nap.

I think it's a bad idea to pursue this or have any expectations.

• Like 1
i really want to reach out and ask her to be friends and open the lines of communication some more.

Hell no dude. Bring friends with your failed romantična partner is tragically bad idea.

Like really really bad

Well good job not begging or pleading. I begged. I'm about to leave town just because I can't control myself.

But, you did a good thing, not begging. And she came back around. You also did good by not making it a huge deal. I don't know man. I'm not in the right place to give advice because I would get back with my ex too. And it sucks because to get her back she's gonna want you to chase her. But the guys on here seem right. You shouldn't try and get back with her. She left you before. I'm pretty sure she'll leave again.

It's a horrible way to be with someone. My ex did it too. We've gotten back together maybe 4 times in 4 months. Every time we argued she'd have me spend the night at my place, alone, wondering if I'm going to see her again.

Look. She left you once, she'll leave you again. Why did she leave in the first place?

She's just using you. But, that's not fair to you, it's going to drive you crazy.