Going to have dinner with the ex for the holiday

Hello all.

My ex girlfriend as many of you know has invited me up to thanksgiving dinner with her and her family. I am realy looking forward to it. she called me the other night and we talked for about 20 minutes it was nice. we have been on limited contact for some time. So I keep giving her space and time and i think it might be working. I love her so much and want her back. we have been broken up for two months now.

Does this means she still has some feelings for me? DO yuo think that she will ever find it in her heart to give us another chance. She said i have been doing good at respecting her space. Even though i am going up there on thursday we still do not speak often. what does everyone make of this????

I think it's a good sign that you're moving forward. Don't set your expectations too high, keep doing what you're doing and enjoy yourself. Don't think too much about everything and just value the time you're together.

So I talked to the ex today. She said she wanted me to still come to thanksgiving. At the same time she told me that she did not want me to get my hopes up her feelings have changed. what should i make of this and what should i do? Please help

pancakepalace

Hey Dork,

How do we protect our hearts. I mean in practice?

I think I'll set up a lab at my place and try to come up with a heart protection herb. This would make millions.

I'll sell it with the following line:

'Hearth womb' - A soft herbal remedy that protects the hearth with a womb-like feeling of care. To be used in your daily tea. Never feel hurt again and welcome la dolce vita!.

What do you think!

pel

pancakepalace

Don't worry about what she says or what she feels. Just go there and be happy to be with her and her family - don't get your hopes up - live in the present - and enjoy the free turkey.

Tell us how is goes,

pel

Originally posted by BJ

So I talked to the ex today. She said she wanted me to still come to thanksgiving. At the same time she told me that she did not want me to get my hopes up her feelings have changed. what should i make of this and what should i do? Please help

Alway listen to what a woman say,it that what she want then you need to respect that.

She said i have been doing good at respecting her space.

I always find this a weird line for a person to say when in the same breath they try to imply they don't have feelings.

If I do not care about someone I do not make comments about how I appreciate them giving me my space or anything. I always take a comment like that to mean this:

"I still have feelings for you and have not ruled out a reconciliation but for now I want to be alone/apart from you and I appreciate you giving me the space that I need from you right now in my life."

I just think if there is no chance for a 2nd chance then there is no "space" or "time" to be given since things are totally done...but that is just me.

As for her asking you to come over for T-day dinner....I have a buddy who went to his exes house for dinner last year and she was (and still is) dating a guy. Try not to read too much into her asking you over for the holiday and as she said, don't have high hopes that she wants to be with you.

Just go with the flow and hopefully enjoy your dinner.