Is this a rebound or not?

HeBrokeMyHeart

HeBrokeMyHeart

So me & my ex split up about 4 months ago, it ended terribly. He started seeing someone 2 weeks after and rubbed it in my face telling me how perfect she was & how they had this crazy connection. He posted things on twitter all the time digging at me (it was out of his character). He had his friends checking up on me still & was still trying to keep himself present in my life.

That died down eventually & I moved on. He recently got back in contact me, 2 weeks after his rebound relationship ended. He asked if I had met anyone yet, also talked about meeting up to catch up. He initiated the conversation & tried to carry it on, his responses were quick ect.

He then messaged me the day after but this time it was to discuss his relationship problems, all of which he still seemed pretty hung up about this girl who I thought was a rebound from me. Am I wrong to think that maybe it wasn't a rebound? It lasted about 3-4 months. It ended apparently because she lives over an hour away & it became stressful & more of a chore to see each other.

So me & my ex split up about 4 months ago, it ended terribly. He started seeing someone 2 weeks after and rubbed it in my face telling me how perfect she was & how they had this crazy connection. He posted things on twitter all the time digging at me (it was out of his character). He had his friends checking up on me still & was still trying to keep himself present in my life.

That died down eventually & I moved on. He recently got back in contact me, 2 weeks after his rebound relationship ended. He asked if I had met anyone yet, also talked about meeting up to catch up. He initiated the conversation & tried to carry it on, his responses were quick ect.

He then messaged me the day after but this time it was to discuss his relationship problems, all of which he still seemed pretty hung up about this girl who I thought was a rebound from me. Am I wrong to think that maybe it wasn't a rebound? It lasted about 3-4 months. It ended apparently because she lives over an hour away & it became stressful & more of a chore to see each other.

I'm confused. Why are you even talking to this creep?? Who cares if it was a rebound. You need to block him, stop engaging in conversations with him and move on. Get your dignity back!!

• Like 1

Stop talking to him, following him on twitter, entertaining his friends nosiness into your life and his weak attempts to have a foothold in your life. Whether the girl was a rebound or the love of his life, that doesnt matter. What matters is he is a jerk, and you should want better for yourself than to be in the company of a man who broke up with you (I am assuming), got into a new relationship before the bed was even cold, rubbed it in your face and is now using you as a free therapist.

Go NC and move on.

• Like 1
symphonyofwolves

yes, i agree with the above comments. it will do you no good or benefit to yourself to try to reconnect with him. make him realize what he lost and turn your back on him. you don't need someone like him in your life. you're so much better than that and deserve way better. keep your head up!

xx

I would tell him the only time you will ever speak to him again in your lifetime is if he makes it clear he wants to work on getting back together. Until then, you are not his therapist, you are not his friend, and you are certainly not going to keep putting up with this.

Work on whatever issues you need to work on. Be as healthy as you can be, mentally, emotionally and spiritually. For god's sake though, kick this man out of you life until he wants to get back together with you. You hearing about his relationship issues and analyzing over every little thing in his life is not only going to undermine your self worth, it's going to set you back from healing.

Edited by Cedar27
Simon Phoenix

I know people who have married their rebounds. So even if it is a rebound, that doesn't necessarily mean he's going to be a free agent any time soon.

I would tell him the only time you will ever speak to him again in your lifetime is if he makes it clear he wants to work on getting back together. Until then, you are not his therapist, you are not his friend, and you are certainly not going to keep putting up with this.

Work on whatever issues you need to work on. Be as healthy as you can be, mentally, emotionally and spiritually. For god's sake though, kick this man out of you life until he wants to get back together with you. You hearing about his relationship issues and analyzing over every little thing in his life is not only going to undermine your self worth, it's going to set you back from healing.

Yeah until he says "I totally regret dumping you and I want you back, and sleep with you everyday.". If its not that don't bother replying to anything. Even though you might want to see if he talks about you on Twitter or whatever, but usually it doesn't happen. Just block, change all the photos of you and him, and never check up on him ever again. Chasing someone who dumped you will only make things worse, even though it sounds good at first.

I'm really sorry for your pain, HeBrokeMyHeart, but you have several threads discussing his behaviour and how he is treating you that really, I think you're clinging to a desperate hope that in some way, somehow, by talking about him so much, something magical will happen, and he will come back by some dint of miracle, and all will end happily ever after.

We know he broke your heart.

This much is evident.

Honestly, the only way to move on, is to cut off all contact with him, because repeated contact with him is merely serving to break your heart further.

This is doing nothing to help you heal and move on.

If anything, creating so many threads, and continuing to engage with him, is just pushing you further down the road to despair.... :(