Ex speaking to me about his relationship issues??

HeBrokeMyHeart

HeBrokeMyHeart

Okay so my ex gets in contact with me yesterday after a few months of NC. He apologises & we have a good chat. He said about maybe catching up some time & also asked if I was seeing anyone. things looked good. He was initiating the conversation & even when I tried to end it he carried it on.

Well he now has messaged me again today but talk about his relationship problems!!! I was fine with the most off it but once he brought up the girl he used as a rebound from our relationship I had to grit my teeth. His story also seemed to change constantly & for the most part it seemed as if he was trying to make me jealous. Why would an ex even bring up his relationship issues with you? Does anyone see this as completely odd & strange?

Okay so my ex gets in contact with me yesterday after a few months of NC. He apologises & we have a good chat. He said about maybe catching up some time & also asked if I was seeing anyone. things looked good. He was initiating the conversation & even when I tried to end it he carried it on.

Well he now has messaged me again today but talk about his relationship problems!!! I was fine with the most off it but once he brought up the girl he used as a rebound from our relationship I had to grit my teeth. His story also seemed to change constantly & for the most part it seemed as if he was trying to make me jealous. Why would an ex even bring up his relationship issues with you? Does anyone see this as completely odd & strange?

A few month ex? Yes,that's strange. An ex from years ago wouldn't be as bad?

• Author
HeBrokeMyHeart
A few month ex? Yes,that's strange. An ex from years ago wouldn't be as bad?

Yeah 4 months since it ended & 4 months NC. We was on/off for a month before hand, all of which he came back to me. The last time we had an argument 4 months ago he told me that he had met someone else.

I left it at that because i would not get involved no matter how hurt I was. During that time he posted many things to make me jealous on twitter (I know this because the stuff he said was so out of character) he also had his friends checking up on me.

That was the first month then things cooled down and I moved on. Now 4 months on he's contacted me. Things went belly up with his rebound from our relationship, he is now in a sort of friends with benefits with some girl yet yesterday claimed he was 'seeing'. I don't understand why he's discussing it with me?

Actually you also posted earlier that he was contacting you after two months.

It sounds like he just checks in when he's between girlfriends. I wouldn't take him seriously -- especially if he's only asking to "catch up" and wants to complain about the other women in his life (which is what FRIENDS do.)

I just don't think this guy is serious about you. :(

I'd go back to NC.

I've been in touch with an ex of mine from,damn, 14yrs ago recently. We were friends for a few years before dating and worked together. Anyways...She helps me with my "women questions"? :lmao: To me...that's not strange, as there's no longer feelings from either side. Would she want to get back together with me? Sure..but, we're on friendly terms and talk openly about both of our love life's,problems,ect.. Like friends do.

Tell him to back off whenever he starts that topic. You're not his GF anymore, you are not obligated in anyway to help him with his "troubles". Doesn't he have guy friends he could drink a beer with or would that ruin his 'manliness'?

Just stop letting him contact you, it's time to block. He's doing this on purpose, wants a reaction, and tramples all over you and you let it happen.

It could be a strategy that he read somewhere. I don't like the jealousy tactics. It's deceitful and immature.

Or, he could just be having issues with a new girl and he sees you as someone he is close to that he can come to in crisis. He might be battling with a lot of things right now. He should consult a counselor for that, not his ex. Unless you feel comfortable being friends with him and have no romantic feelings for this man, i'd back away and let him work for your attention and love. You don't need this stress in your life right now.

Would she want to get back together with me? Sure..but, we're on friendly terms and talk openly about both of our love life's,problems,ect.. Like friends do.

This is not an equal and platonic relationship. That's no friend to me. Different strokes for different folks though I guess right?