Reuniting with first love after 5 years?

anjalizahavy

Me and my ex fell in love with each other at university when we were 19, and for both of us we were each other's first loves. Even though he was from India, and I was based in the UK, and like any couple we argued from time to time, we were so deeply in love, discussing marriage, children, future house etc. Now in our final year of university, we realised that the stress and uncertainty of the future (ie prolonged long distance) was too much to handle, so we broke up, very amicably. We also decided that we would reunite in maybe 5 years time, and see where the situation is at.

We haven't spoke since, and I know the break up has been really hard on both of us, but am I just being naïve because he is my first love? We both aren't the kinds of people to fall in love often, and deep inside, I just feel like our journey together isn't over. Do you think this could ever work? I'm feeling really lost right now :(

Anything is possible.

But I think it's more likely that you'll decide to reconcile before then.... or that one or both of you will become seriously involved with someone else as more time passes.

If you two are truly meant to be then you'll find your way back to each other. In the meantime, there's nothing wrong with dating around before committing to just one person for the rest of your life.