What is an indifferent ex?

Adferger1

I can find a lot of posts about "signs you ex still loves you" and "signs your ex wants you back". But I cant find anything called: "signs your ex is indifferent"...

Can someone tell me more about this topic? I cant really figure out how my ex feels about me now that we've talked after a 2 month NC.

It basically means they no longer care one way or the other what you do. They are no longer emotionally attached and are basically at the point of moving on from the relationship.

It's when you basically don't care one way or the other about the other person and what they are doing. The ex shows no interest at all and doesn't ask questions or need to "catch up". There is no concern for you and you are no longer important in their life (no longer a priority). Be sure not to confuse interest with an ex just being curious as to what's going on in your life. An ex throwing breadcrumbs is not showing interest. Actions will help with defining if your ex is indifferent.

"I cant really figure out how my ex feels about me now that we've talked after a 2 month NC."

This shows that you are not indifferent. Again, when you could care less what she is doing, then you are indifferent.

• Author

Ok, so if she starts to show interrest in my life it would be a sign that shfbis not indifferent? Like if she texts me: are you going out tonight? Or: how you been these last 2 months ect?

LostInLosingLove
Like if she texts me: are you going out tonight? Or: how you been these last 2 months ect?

I think the first might show some interest while the second is just curiosity.

I suppose it all depends on how you feel about your ex - are you actively looking for signs that she wants you back because you are looking for reconciliation?

If so, well, proceed with caution. We only see what we want to see, particularly with matters of the heart. Be careful not to interpret this as interest because you want her to be interested in you.

• Author
I suppose it all depends on how you feel about your ex - are you actively looking for signs that she wants you back because you are looking for reconciliation?

If so, well, proceed with caution. We only see what we want to see, particularly with matters of the heart. Be careful not to interpret this as interest because you want her to be interested in you.

Well... Yes. I do want us to reconsile if possible. I am just affraid this NC could have made her indifferent. But I also know that my mind see's what it wants to see and plays tricks on me. So I guess I am just asking for a "when she does/say this and that is a clear sign that she is NOT indifferent" - type of reply

• Author

Any one who could list some signs that clearly would indicate the an ex is/isn't indifferent? Or could point me to an article on the topic?

I would like to know more about it.

Any one who could list some signs that clearly would indicate the an ex is/isn't indifferent? Or could point me to an article on the topic?

there is no way to know for sure how another person feels. all you have to go on is what they say and, more specifically, what they do.

Going to base this off of my recent experience with an ex that I feel indifferent about.

Obviously - this may just be me. I have no idea if others feel this way.

Indifference:

• You have a random conversation after some time, and then upon ending the conversation, you don't analyze everything they said.
  • You don't try to tell them things to impress them. You tell it like it is.
  • You don't care about being judged by them.
  • You aren't bothered to hear about a new love interest.
  • For some, you can joke about how stupid you/they were when you were with them.
  • You aren't pining to hear back from them, you don't make any attempts to reach out - if it happens, it happens; if not, well, you're not even thinking about it.
  • You wouldn't even really remember what they looked like if it weren't for social media.
  • You empathize with them during troubles, without being too emotionally invested. You don't feel the need to 'fix' their problems.
  • You can be genuinely happy for them.
  • They don't cross your mind during the day, weeks, months, years unless something explicitly related to them/the relationship comes up. Or maybe boredom.
  • Sometimes if they start messaging you too frequently, you start to get annoyed, and feel you need some space.
  • If you know you feel indifferent about them, and you sense that they feel similarly about you, you don't care (neither do they - most likely). :)

• Like 1

I got you... Is she with you now?..Shes indifferent. Sorry.
Well... Yes. I do want us to reconsile if possible. I am just affraid this NC could have made her indifferent. But I also know that my mind see's what it wants to see and plays tricks on me. So I guess I am just asking for a "when she does/say this and that is a clear sign that she is NOT indifferent" - type of reply

I doubt if NC has made her indifferent. If anything it would make one miss what they no longer had/have. The way you will know she is interested will be her telling you she misses you and wants you back. Until then please don't wait around for her, actually ignore, ignore, ignore even her texts until she tells you something concrete. If you do this you will be well on your way to healing just in case she doesn't come back.

I think the biggest indicator of indifference is your ex not being with you. Especially with her now being in contact with you, and she still doesn't make a move. She has a clear opening if she wants you back because you've made it easy for her. You're on good terms now. She's pretty indifferent if she doesn't make a move when it would be extremely easy to do so.