a second chance a year down the road?

chrisseek

hey!

what do you guys think, is there a theoretical chance to get back together with an ex after a year apart?

we broke up in the summer, but with a few weeks of exception we've been almost constantly communicating after the brakup. I also made all + some more classic mistakes after breakup. at first just being an emotional mess and then being too available etc. she tried to sort of reach out to me a few times when I went distant but as soon as I opened up, she got afraid again. so, we've been doing this silly dance for almost 5 months already. both had a few other girls or boys in the meantime.

She is going now away for 4 months, so it's easier to not see her and have a 100% break from each other.

To finally let go of any attachments, emotions etc. To become a man I once wore. Date other people in the meantime (and if I find someone I like more, so be it). And then see where we stand in May?

I know my ex still has feelings for me but I've been too available and nice to her, so the attraction is kind of blown. But maybe that's something that we could rekindle. I don't know.

I know in the meantime I really should try to completely block her from all the little holes from my brain. Because it won't let me live properly.

Anything is possible.

I have had several second chances before. Times when I was the dumper and also when I was the dumpee.

Really just depends on the two people, the type of relationship, depth of feelings for one another, and possibly luck!

• Author

Thanks Purepony.

I know I should let go of any hope. Well, I think when the circumstances would have been a bit different, and me still such a needy mess, we might have had a second chance already. But she was gonna move away for longer period, so that just made me rush things.

But you're right. I should let go of any hope. To have any good life. And even if I still have that 1% chance with her down the road, even for that I need to completely let go of her.

lil hoodlum. How did you second chances happened? were any of them more down the road like 10 months or a year apart or more?

She is moving into another exciting city and country for four months. So I guess anything can happen.

Best thing you can do is to become a better person. Invest all that hope and effort in yourself. You most likely need to become your own independent person again. Once you can stand proud on your own two feet, anything can happen. Do not wait or be that needed person she was exposed to before she left. If she contacts you, you should be a better person than before she meet you the first time. If you focus on improving yourself personally, your life style, what you do, who you spend time with, your work, etc..., all will be different over time.