Ex acting hot & cold

Mr.Bungle90

Hello there! A little background first...

I posted a while ago about a withheld number call I recieved from my ex in the summer (Were together for 4&1/2 years, broken up for about 2&1/2, a little contact here and there). Anyway, I eventually decided not to go forward with it then because of a job opportunity that emerged far from home.

Since October though I've been back here to do my mandatory 9-month army service. I bumped into her on the street a week ago and we got to talking. We were having such a good talk that I suggested we went for a cup of coffee in a nearby cafe. She was laughing and asking questions all the time about life in the army. Long story short, we had a great time.

We were texting a lot the next couple of days and I asked her if she would like to come with me to a jazz bar downtown where some friends of mine were playing live music and she happily accepted (I would take a leave that day). Meanwhile we continued talking/texting every day. So much that I started thinking that this time we could really patch things up and at least try to make a new start. Until the day of our "date" came.

I sent her a message in the morning asking her what time should I come pick her up, but I got no response. I called her on the phone a couple of hours later, but she didn't answer. Meanwhile I could see that she was online on FB!

About an hour or so before the time I told her the concert would start, she texted me this: "Woooww, I'm so sorry, I just read your message, I've had a very busy day". I told her that I'd be there anyway and if she didn't feel tired she was welcome. Read it, did not respond to it.

What the hell? I feel so confused/angry right now. What bothers me the most is the complete indifference and disregard she showed. She knew that I'd seen she was online all day, yet she told me she hadn't seen the message. She was acting all nice and playful all week and then she makes an 180.

What do you guys gather from this? What should I do next? Wait for her to make contact or contact her and address the problem?

Look at her actions and not hear words. Try to remember that words mean very little and actions mean a whole a lot more. Her words and actions may not match which should tell you to just leave it alone and move on. HER ACTIONS tell you that she is really not that interested.

• Author

Thanks for the input dumbass2:laugh:. So you think reinitiating NC right away is the way to go? I shouldn't even make an attempt to discuss what happened with her before going NC?

Simon Phoenix
Thanks for the input dumbass2:laugh:. So you think reinitiating NC right away is the way to go? I shouldn't even make an attempt to discuss what happened with her before going NC?

You've talked too much already at this point.

Yes, you should go NC and not look back. She just blew you off. My ex did that to me once during the break up and that really hit me and I finally went NC after that. I don't put up with that crap and you shouldn't or you will look extremely weak and show a lack of respect for yourself.