Still love my ex but she is with someone new

pingpong

My high school sweet heart and I broke apart before leaving for college. It happened the summer before our first years at college. We dated for about 10 months but we never had any big fights or anything of the sort. At first I handled it pretty well but she kept clinging on to me and we were still close that entire summer. Then college came around in august and I didn't want end it because we had a really happy relationship and it seemed wrong to break up even though we were going to different colleges. So I kept contact with her the first month of college and we talked but I was putting more effort into it than her. I realized that she didn't really want to talk so one day we just stopped. A month went by and one day we talked in mid-October. She pretty much said that we couldn't be anymore because we lived different lives. So I said goodbye and I love you. She said I love you too. Then two weeks later from that day, she started to date someone new at her college and I found out about it a week after it started. And of course I was devastated when I found this out. And I wouldn't have been as much because we weren't dating, but when we stopped dating, she kept saying she didn't have time for a relationship, she was happy being single, and stuff like that and I thought she actually meant that so I didn't worry about her dating someone new. Its almost been a month since they started to date and I don't know if this is a rebound or not. And it has been complete torcher to me because I still love her and it sucks seeing someone you love date someone else. I don't know if this is a serious relationship or anything but feel like I should do something. We will both be home for winter break in 2 weeks and her new bf lives 6 states away so she wont see him for 3 weeks. What do I do honestly? Do I have a chance to get her back anytime? she wont see him this summer for 4 months so I cant imagine they will keep dating then and we live in the same city.

Her words - She says she doesn't want you.

Her actions - She's dating someone else. (the phrase "dating" contains "loving, passionate, f#cking...")

What else do you need to understand that IT'S OVER?!

• Author

because she still wants to be friends and still talks to me and said she loved me two weeks before she got with this new guy. I mean this is my first relationship so I guess Im just not used to being heart broken but she could be casual dating

If you wanted to be just friends with her and not wanting her back, than it's fine and even great. But this is not the case, right?

You better clean and clear your life and avoid complexity, if you don't want to be miserable. Of course she wants you around... Why not? She has a lover boyfriend who gets it all, and also a puppy who is happy to stay around any time she needs.